• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Galen Clagett appears to be pulling a "Ron Young" on us. He has not, to my knowledge, clarified his position on any of the gun legislation.

FYI, this guy is campaigning for Mayor of Frederick.

Can anyone confirm his position?

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Well, I can't confirm this right now, but this may be a relative of mine -- distant since the only thing I know is that they have my last name, haha -- , but I will look down the line of family to see if I can uncover anything. Hopefully someone else can help, too.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Smart A$$ email sent. I'm getting annoyed.

Del. Clagett-

I am still waiting on a response from your office regarding HB294. Should I expect one before the 8th, or are you going "Ron Young" on us?

I assure you that I am busier than you. Your inability to respond, given the level of staff and aide assistance available to you, is unacceptable. Is this the treatment that the citizens of Frederick can expect to receive from their Mayor, should you win?

Patiently yours,

Snally

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Galen's Position!!!

Mr. Snallygaster,

Thanks for your interest in the gun control legislation currently before the General Assembly. I am in favor of gun control and, in fact, sent a letter stating my views on the subject to our members of Congress just a few days after the abhorrent tragedy of the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. My constituents in District 3A also predominantly favor gun control as I have heard from many more of them than from folks who'd prefer to keep controls as they are.

My position has been written about in the Frederick News Post numerous times and I'm sure you can pull those articles if you'd like more information. I have attached a copy of the letter that I sent to Congress as it contains more information about the controls I feel would help to make a difference in preventing violence of this kind.

While I am in favor of gun control, I will wait to see what happens with the Governor's bill as it moves through committee. I will only vote for the bill if I can support it in its final draft.

Once again, I thank you for your concern and involvement on this important subject. Although I believe you and I differ in our viewpoints, I always find it very helpful to learn more about how my constituents feel on any issue.

Sincerely,

Delegate Galen Clagett, 3A
    Maryland House of Delegates
    6 Bladen Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Del. Clagett's letter to Mikulsk

December 17, 2012
    Senator Barbara A. Mikulski 503 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510

Dear Members of the Maryland State Congressional Delegation,

I am writing to you in response to the terrible tragedy that recently occurred in Newtown, CT, and to the questions my constituents are now asking as we as a nation consider the impact this is having for our families, our schools, and our communities. As we all try to gather ourselves together and move forward from this latest random mass shooting, the faces of those kids seem to demand a little more than our usual legislative murmurings about gun control that do little to correct a situation that is out of hand.

I have served as a State Delegate for over 10 years and have worked with most of you on improving conditions for the great state of Maryland. I am also a hunter and a gun owner. Maryland does a pretty good job on statewide gun control, but our border states do not. We need federal laws in place to make Newtown the last tragedy of its kind. I am asking that we all stand together as one Maryland to support federal gun legislation that:

 Reinstitutes the assault rifle ban of 1994
     Prohibits all “right to carry” laws
     Requires background investigations for the purchase of any handgun
     Bans sales of guns at gun shows

It is my belief that these conditions in addition to any others you may have that seek to protect our citizens without interfering with the rights of hunters, owners and collectors, would be a great step forward and an appropriate response to the murder of our children.
    I welcome your comments and pledge my support to you in your efforts in this matter.

Respectfully yours,
    Delegate Galen R. Clagett, 3A

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Man, my gf lives in frederick...maybe I'll have to start giving her name for dinner reservations...*edit*He still never responded to my email yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom