Definition of Licensed Firearm Dealer in recently passed HB1021?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockfarm

Feb 15, 2013
    Frederick County
    I am a long time reader but rarely post.

Recently passed into law HB 1021 requires licensed firearm dealers to implement minimum security requirements by October 1, 2022.

What is the definition of "licensed firearm dealer" for this? Have done some research but can't find a definitive answer.

Is it only licensed Maryland regulated firearm dealers? Federal FFL 01, 02, 07, 08? FFL 03?

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

DWN

May 30, 2022
    Hagerstown, MD
    Must be a Maryland thing because I am an FFL and had to go through an on site inspection to show a security system, gun safes, flood lights, cameras and overall security. With that passed, I already comply with Maryland.... I hope.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    This is not to be construed by any means as legal opinion. That said, the FFL 03 (C&R) specifically states that it is not a license to deal in firearms. Hence if that is the license you possess you can not be considered a licensed dealer.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I am a long time reader but rarely post.

Recently passed into law HB 1021 requires licensed firearm dealers to implement minimum security requirements by October 1, 2022.

What is the definition of "licensed firearm dealer" for this? Have done some research but can't find a definitive answer.

Is it only licensed Maryland regulated firearm dealers? Federal FFL 01, 02, 07, 08? FFL 03?

Thanks in advance for any information on this.
    Only a state licensed dealer, which you have to be to sell handguns. An FFL who is not also state licensed is not covered and need not comply

DWN

May 30, 2022
    Hagerstown, MD
    Only a state licensed dealer, which you have to be to sell handguns. An FFL who is not also state licensed is not covered and need not comply
    I've been a FFL for a while. Maryland came along and told all of us that we must be licensed through the state as well. It seems like another form of taxation but non the less, I am licensed by Maryland as well. Hot damn! More bureaucracy.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I've been a FFL for a while. Maryland came along and told all of us that we must be licensed through the state as well. It seems like another form of taxation but non the less, I am licensed by Maryland as well. Hot damn! More bureaucracy.
    I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom