• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    A quick search didn't turn up a duplicate posting, so apologies in advance if it is...

Interesting article, and just like here, there's interesting banter in the following comments.
    ---------------
    From the linked article:

"New Jersey wildlife workers were on the hunt last week to help a deer that made for a shocking photo after it was shot through the snout with an arrow. The deer was located over the weekend and tranquilized and treated by biologists. According to The..."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...h-the-face-with-an-arrow-heres-how-its-doing/

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I hate to see that . I hunt but still. Ouch.
    It would just suck to have that bad a shot and not be able to take a second to put her down.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I've shot 2 or 3 deer with arrows sticking out of them. Pissed me off mightily. Some jerk bow hunter taking too long a shot and caused the animal to suffer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Lets face it guys stuff happens. Thats a recurve arrow setup so im sure its not the fastest bow out there. Deer can move in crazy ways when they hear the shot.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Lets face it guys stuff happens. Thats a recurve arrow setup so im sure its not the fastest bow out there. Deer can move in crazy ways when they hear the shot.

I still think some idiot was trying to do a head shot with that deer...I just don't take a head shot on any deer with a bow...too much can go wrong..

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD

I was wondering just that. Having no experience with bows it struck me that I haven't seen that type of arrow fired from a compound bow. I figured it was a recurve.

Does a recurve bow deliver enough energy to hunt with?

I guess it can punch a good hole in a snout. So maybe...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    some idiot was prob trying for a head shot....and the deer took off...not allowing a second shot..

I've shot 2 or 3 deer with arrows sticking out of them. Pissed me off mightily. Some jerk bow hunter taking too long a shot and caused the animal to suffer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I still think some idiot was trying to do a head shot with that deer...I just don't take a head shot on any deer with a bow...too much can go wrong..

My guess is some unprepared bastard that didn't even have their weapon sighted in.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I was wondering just that. Having no experience with bows it struck me that I haven't seen that type of arrow fired from a compound bow. I figured it was a recurve.

Yes...its been done that way for 100's of years...:D

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek

Well shit, i guess the indians had mosin nagants and M1A's then.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Had a friend shoot at a deer and the deer kinda raised up
    on his arrow, safe pass.. ain't no 1260 fps I guess 600fps?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Had a friend shoot at a deer and the deer kinda raised up
    on his arrow, safe pass.. ain't no 1260 fps I guess 600fps?
    top of the lime bows have a hard time hitting 290 FPS under hunting conditions. Some push 300 with a light target arrow but they are all but worthless for deer as far as kinetic transfer. A heavy carbon arrow with insert,vanes,nock and broad head weigh about the same as a 50 BMG bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom