• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Has anyone noticed that the deer have seemed to disappear. I had a bunch of deer in my area just 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm not seeing anything on the trail cameras nor while sitting in the woods.

Sucks to be me. I only have until October 4th to get my deer, because on October 6th, I'm having my knee replaced and won't be able to get out until after the first of the year.

Jim Smith

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think they will be back in your area unless someone is hunting them hard there.

Normally, I would think they just went more nocturnal on you but if your cam isn't picking them up either that isn't the case.

Mine have moved around some in their patterns. Did disappear for a bit but are back now in force.

I think you'll be fine with your Oct date but I wouldn't risk loosing many hunting days prior to that if you can help it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have hundreds of pictures of the nocturnal deer for the month of August into the first 10 days of September, then they are gone. It seems like when the bachelor packs broke up, the deer completely went away. I saw one 6 point on 1 trail camera in the last week. Prior to that, I had 2 10 pointers, and 2 8 pointers along with a few does every once in awhile.

I hope you're right and I get a chance at the one 10 pointer.

Jim Smith

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Bucks are breaking up, going to their fall ranges? Acorns are starting to drop=change in feeding habits? Could be anything. Too early for October lull. I know, alien abduction!
    :shrug: Who knows?
    Good luck with the knees, though. The wife had one done two years back. Made her a new person.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Good luck with the knees, though. The wife had one done two years back. Made her a new person.

Did it make her look like Kate Upton? If so, I think I'll pass on the operation and let MY wife have the knee replacement surgery. :lol2:

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bucks are breaking up, going to their fall ranges? Acorns are starting to drop=change in feeding habits? Could be anything. Too early for October lull. I know, alien abduction!
    :shrug: Who knows?

Are you sure about the October lull? It's been "October cold" during the overnight for a few weeks now. I've got trees starting their leaf color change already.

Thanks, I'll also look out for flying saucers.
    Jim Smith

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Some deer are at AGC!

We saw this doe along the right tree line at the Barnes Range a few weeks ago, the shooting didn't bother this lady, she must know something.

Attachments

• Deer-AGC.jpg
      Deer-AGC.jpg
      71.6 KB · Views: 618

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Im still seeing them where im at, in fact im in the stand now and a doe and fawn walked by a few mins ago.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Did it make her look like Kate Upton? If so, I think I'll pass on the operation and let MY wife have the knee replacement surgery. :lol2:

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

Look at it this way. If you turn out looking like Kate, go lesbo!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Same thing this here, this is the slowest start to the season we have ever had. We just started seeing them 2 days ago on the trail cam.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I still see plenty deer in my neighborhood, around Randallstown. Too bad for you guys not near any hunting areas.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Bunted Thursday evening and Friday morning. Saw four deer each to and all were within ten yards of my stand but thus early in the year its got ti be an eight or better.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Aside from tid-bit on a Ritz, which I donated, I haven't seen any other deer in seven trips to the woods. And this is odd too, I haven't seen squirrels this year. Not in my yard to eat corn chips and not in the woods where they usually swarm over the deer corn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom