• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I have an fnp-9, really like it, and I shoot pretty well with it, but I'm not a fan of the decocker. I've heard of being able to switch it to a safety, and I tink I'd rather have that.

It'd be nice to have it be able to go cocked and locked.

Anyone heard of this, or even done it?

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    May or may not help. Hickok did a functions run-down on an FNP-45. Discusses "cocked and locked".

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Of course there is also the option of THUMBing the hammer. That is what God put it there for.

I do that too, I'd still like to switch it out. Asb it sits in my hand, I occasionally will actuate the decocker under recoil, which is somewhat annoying.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Is it that bothersome. It's a nice safety feature.

Check fnforum.net if you don't get an answer here soon...

I don't really see it as that useful. I have a hard time thinking of a situation in which I would actually need that, in which I couldn't just lower it with my thumb.

Heck, I wouldn't mine just disabling it all together. But I thought using it as a safety might be useful some day.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I have an fnp-9, really like it, and I shoot pretty well with it, but I'm not a fan of the decocker. I've heard of being able to switch it to a safety, and I tink I'd rather have that.

It'd be nice to have it be able to go cocked and locked.

Anyone heard of this, or even done it?

I have a gen 1 FNP-40 and I will say that it does take a little while to get used to the sound of the decocker as it sounds just like a dry firing the pistol. Until I got used to it would scare the heck out of me. I know on the FNP X series of guns they do have safeties on them but I have not heard of any kind of update or kit that could be installed on them as of yet.

Safeties for fighting pistols are quickly going out of style as fumbling with your safety in a gun fight can get you killed . If you only intend for this gun to be a range toy then I would say look into it .

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I have a gen 1 FNP-40 and I will say that it does take a little while to get used to the sound of the decocker as it sounds just like a dry firing the pistol. Until I got used to it would scare the heck out of me. I know on the FNP X series of guns they do have safeties on them but I have not heard of any kind of update or kit that could be installed on them as of yet.

Safeties for fighting pistols are quickly going out of style as fumbling with your safety in a gun fight can get you killed . If you only intend for this gun to be a range toy then I would say look into it .

At this point, I kind of want to just disable it altogether. I can't foresee a time when I'll need that decocker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom