• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    NRA's supplemental amicus brief, filed today. A very good read.

Yes. Clear, concise, logical and, dare I say, the very embodiment of "common sense".

We'll have to see whether the court in question operates with any appreciation of these sterling qualities.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yes. Clear, concise, logical and, dare I say, the very embodiment of "common sense".

We'll have to see whether the court in question operates with any appreciation of these sterling qualities.

And very well written in lawyer's prose. Well crafted, which is quite difficult and thus demands respect for that reason alone.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    And very well written in lawyer's prose. Well crafted, which is quite difficult and thus demands respect for that reason alone.

Solidly crafted, indeed... And they even managed to work in this subtle little ditty (emphasis mine)...

A telescoping stock, for example, is merely an adjustable shoulder stock, which allows a person to change the length of her gun to fit her stature, in the same way that she can change the height of an adjustable office chair.

;)

Another distaff reference a few sentences later, as well.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I love the opening sentence:

The National Rifle Association of America, Inc. (“NRA”) is the oldest civil
    rights organization in America
    and the Nation’s foremost defender of Second
    Amendment rights.

My added emphasis.

Makes a great trivia question.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember, the most effective shaming at the Maryland legislature this time 'round, was accusing them of being "civil rights violators". Terror Watchlist ban, Campus Carry ban, etc.

The DemocRats simply had no good answer or explanation for that accusation... and folded.

It is a big hammer and we must not hesitate to use it.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Remember, the most effective shaming at the Maryland legislature this time 'round, was accusing them of being "civil rights violators". Terror Watchlist ban, Campus Carry ban, etc.

The DemocRats simply had no good answer or explanation for that accusation... and folded.

It is a big hammer and we must not hesitate to use it.

Thus; we need a little bit of "diversity" in our protests...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Yes, yes we do, and not just from the opposite sex, but one step at a time from whatever direction we can get it from.

Precisely.

I read about half of it; have to get back to work...this ditty stuck out though...

It should hardly be surprising, in a republic such as ours, where the People are sovereign, that legal regulation to some extent reflects the People’s common usages and practices. Thus, the complete and utter absence of any widespread tradition of banning the types of arms at issue in this case is powerful evidence that the People do not deem them improper instruments for personal use.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I finally had the chance to read the NRA supplemental brief. The way it's worded and with the cases and decisions referenced, anyone with common sense would have to agree that FSA2013 is unconstitutional, and the decision needs to be reversed and the law struck down.

That's people with common sense though - that's in short supply in MD.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I finally had the chance to read the NRA supplemental brief. The way it's worded and with the cases and decisions referenced, anyone with common sense would have to agree that FSA2013 is unconstitutional, and the decision needs to be reversed and the law struck down.

That's people with common sense though - that's in short supply in MD.

I think you used the term "Common Sense" wrong in there, or atleast the Left's definition of common sense.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    As always, fantastic briefs on our side and "guns are bad, mmmmkay" on their side.

I give my word I will pay for someone's Maryland permit if I am able to get a Maryland permit with self defense as G & S. If I can get one 'just because I want one', one of you will get their permit gratis.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    As always, fantastic briefs on our side and "guns are bad, mmmmkay" on their side.

I give my word I will pay for someone's Maryland permit if I am able to get a Maryland permit with self defense as G & S. If I can get one 'just because I want one', one of you will get their permit gratis.

I'll raise you one permit if I can get one because I am not a prohibited person, but don't own a business.

I still want to know where to get a "fire gun" as stated by an esteemed member of the MGA during the confirmation vote. LOL

Edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom