• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you want your voice heard in Annapolis you better have a "D" next to your name in the voter registration rolls when they check, and they do check. Being registered as a Democrat does not make you one it just gives you the opportunity to vote against them twice each election cycle and means your letters and emails won't be thrown in the trash without reading.

Become a "DINO" the bad taste in your mouth goes away eventually.

DINO Thread
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190211

Last edited:

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    ....They're reading the meaning of that portion of the SC decision wrong.

Unfortunately, I think they know exactly what it means. They're devious, not stupid; they are just looking for something to twist. They are not about to agree to something that goes against their personal views....intellectual dishonesty, as someone said above ... complete lack of integrity.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    thin? based on what?

Why were the rules not properly followed?

Sorry, I was working/listening.

Halbrook (and I misspelled his name earlier), was talking about the procedural rules for summary judgement motions.

I would have to go back and listen in detail; he said something about how the district basically dismissed most of the plaintiff data, then CA4 en banc did the same. It leads me to believe that he is trying to say the CA4 judged a case that isn't ripe yet with respects to the facts of the case (abuse of discretion?)?

IANAL.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Unfortunately, I think they know exactly what it means. They're devious, not stupid; they are just looking for something to twist. They are not about to agree to something that goes against their personal views....intellectual dishonesty, as someone said above ... complete lack of integrity.

Oh, I totally think they understood it, they're not stupid. I just meant that they're taking it out of context on purpose.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Wow, only in Maryland can a thread go from being almost orgasmic to @&%!@#$$##$@&^ I hate this state in less then 15 days.

As hard as it is to admit, we had better get use to our rights being trampled on by the elected body in this state. We couldn't make the necessary changes in 2014 (even after the uproar of the FSA) and we didn't again in 2016 (I know minor election, but still no change). I'm not suggestion we quit, but we had better get use to loosing these battles. We have only 2 theaters of war in this state, Courts and Ballot Booths.

The problems is the courts are stacked against us now (because personal opinion matters more then law) and the majority in this state are freedom hating liberal's. It's a disease that's spreading across America, so running to another state isn't a viable option IMO, at least long term.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Wow, only in Maryland can a thread go from being almost orgasmic to @&%!@#$$##$@&^ I hate this state in less then 15 days.

As hard as it is to admit, we had better get use to our rights being trampled on by the elected body in this state. We couldn't make the necessary changes in 2014 (even after the uproar of the FSA) and we didn't again in 2016 (I know minor election, but still no change). I'm not suggestion we quit, but we had better get use to loosing these battles. We have only 2 theaters of war in this state, Courts and Ballot Booths.

The problems is the courts are stacked against us now (because personal opinion matters more then law) and the majority in this state are freedom hating liberal's. It's a disease that's spreading across America, so running to another state isn't a viable option IMO, at least long term.

Maryland, California, and Connecticut are going to look pretty stupid to the rest of the country if this goes much further. People will begin to realize that these states can't get their act together. More and more laws coupled with more crime. I think it will get worse before it gets better, but I think from a national point of view there is progress.

Feb 28, 2013
    No problem. Some people here are just suspicious of new accounts, especially when questions are asked in very very politically sensitive threads like this one. It's little tinfoil hat-ish, but we have had "mole" type accounts here in the past.

We're glad to have you, especially if you're interested in finding out what you can do to help.

On behalf of all of us that found this place after Sandy Hook, thank you fer takin' the high road. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom