• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'd go with the CZ. You don't use sites in a tactical situation. There are so many good things about the CZ.
    I personally carry a Taurus 740 Slim and a Smith and Wesson Model 37.

Don't forget to cast your official ballot (above) for CZ. Rumor has it, the SIG guys have come completely unglued. I heard they're creating new MDS accounts just so CZ doesn't win the poll.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'd go with the CZ. You don't use sites in a tactical situation. There are so many good things about the CZ.
    I personally carry a Taurus 740 Slim and a Smith and Wesson Model 37.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night sights, 3 dot sights, even mini reflex. And in a tactical situation sights are not used? Not being combative but this is not sound advice for choosing a handgun. OP, apologies if this is a derail.

On task, of those who have the PV9, what are experiences with accuracy. By accuracy I am inquiring about group size at 25 yards. Paper plate groups at 10 yards doesn't mean much. I have an M&P Pro9 that can do that. I've looked at the PV 9, read favorable reviews, like it, but would like to know from first hand experience.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Night sights, 3 dot sights, even mini reflex. And in a tactical situation sights are not used? Not being combative but this is not sound advice for choosing a handgun.

Do you shoot tactically? A tactical shooter uses natural point of aim, not sights. In the original post, the writer only was critical of the small size of the CZ sites. Please don't troll.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Do you shoot tactically? A tactical shooter uses natural point of aim, not sights. In the original post, the writer only was critical of the small size of the CZ sites. Please don't troll.

I'm with magnumite on this one. Sights are important...especially for a "do-all" gun that someone may be competing with. Sights are fairly important in competition. I'm also pretty sure a "tactical" shooter uses whatever helps him/her when he/she needs to use a gun. Are you going to point-shoot if you need to take a precise shot at distance because of a given scenario? Having them and not needing them is better than not having them and needing them.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't forget to cast your official ballot (above) for CZ. Rumor has it, the SIG guys have come completely unglued. I heard they're creating new MDS accounts just so CZ doesn't win the poll.

Lenny approves....

1333973161.jpg

"Where we goin', George?"

The little man jerked down the brim of his hat and scowled over at Lennie. "So you forgot that awready, did you? I gotta tell you again, do I? Jesus Christ, you're a crazy bastard!"

"I forgot," Lennie said softly.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'm with magnumite on this one. Sights are important...especially for a "do-all" gun that someone may be competing with. Sights are fairly important in competition. I'm also pretty sure a "tactical" shooter uses whatever helps him/her when he/she needs to use a gun. Are you going to point-shoot if you need to take a precise shot at distance because of a given scenario? Having them and not needing them is better than not having them and needing them.

I didn't say that sites are unimportant in all situations. If you try to use sights in a tactical situation, you are dead. With that said, at the range, sights are important. He didn't say that sights were missing from the CZ, just that they were small. He gave so many other positives about the CZ, that the smallish sites seemed to be insignificant compared to the weaknesses of the other two. At the end of the day, the most important thing is picking the gun you can shoot the best. Everyone has their favorites. I love my Glock 23, but when I'm shooting for accuracy at 25 yards, there is nothing I like better than my Rossi R971.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Lenny approves....

1333973161.jpg

"Where we goin', George?"

The little man jerked down the brim of his hat and scowled over at Lennie. "So you forgot that awready, did you? I gotta tell you again, do I? Jesus Christ, you're a crazy bastard!"

"I forgot," Lennie said softly.

GhD5h1s.jpg

Olga loves romantic evening rides on her East German Tractor with her CZ 75 PCR. Doesn't date SIG-guys, sadly.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Knastera...

First, I don't troll.

Reread your post. What you may have intended is not what is communicated. Happens in the forums sometimes. Maybe tactical in your context should be clarified.
    Some of the best 'tactical' schools in the country teach sight use - in tactical situations. Are they all wrong? What you are saying is a blind man shooting at a noise is more likely to hit than a shot made 'shooting through' the sights. I understand point shooting and point index shooting but neither is as proficient as some type of aimed reference shooting.

I guess we need to agree to disagree.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I tried some CZs at Duffy's, although they were very nice, I had issue reaching the slide release. I have average sized paws. If I remember it was too far forward. That VP9 was my choice. But I see you (op) have chosen the CZ. My other recommendation would have been a XD mod2.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    That's cool. Sorry for the accusation. When you have to shoot a real person in a tactical situation, I don't think you'll use your sites. Don't get me wrong, I practice shooting both ways. To get good with shooting with both eyes open and natural point of aim, you have to start with sites and one eye. Obviously, when I shoot using sites, I'm far more accurate than when I use natural point of aim. However, at ten yards with natural point of aim and no sites, I put everything in the 9 ring of a B-27 target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I tried some CZs at Duffy's, although they were very nice, I had issue reaching the slide release. I have average sized paws. If I remember it was too far forward. That VP9 was my choice. But I see you (op) have chosen the CZ. My other recommendation would have been a XD mod2.

Slide release can/should be operated by the left hand thumb for reloads if you're right handed, or just slingshot the slide if you're scared of breaking the part. Shouldn't have to come off your grip to operate controls. (Left hand index finger if left-handed)

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I slingshot my pistols. Although left hand thumb manual of arms is odd. It wasn't that odd b/c I use that trick on the p229 decocker when I practice DA trigger pull.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I slingshot my pistols. Although left hand thumb manual of arms is odd. It wasn't that odd b/c I use that trick on the p229 decocker when I practice DA trigger pull.

I agree with the slingshot approach. I'm a lefty and I can only operate the slide lock on one of my semis with my left index finger. When I was in the Army, my M1911A1 was so well broken in that I could operate the slide lock on that with my left index finger. One of these days, I'm going to get a firearm that is designed for a lefty or is at least fully ambidextrous (I practice with my right hand just in case my left arm gets injured).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I agree with the slingshot approach. I'm a lefty and I can only operate the slide lock on one of my semis with my left index finger. When I was in the Army, my M1911A1 was so well broken in that I could operate the slide lock on that with my left index finger. One of these days, I'm going to get a firearm that is designed for a lefty or is at least fully ambidextrous (I practice with my right hand just in case my left arm gets injured).

VP9 is that pistol for you. It is 100% ambidextrous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom