• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    My wife is from Ballmer but grew up in Ohio so she has a Midwestern accent and a taste for crab cakes. Me, not so much. We've been to G&Ms a number of times as well as Pappas but I was wondering if there was someplace decent closer to home. I seem to remember we found some decent cakes somewhere around here but it has been so long since we went out to a sit down dinner that I can't remember. Her BD is coming up.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    The correct way to eat a crab cake sandwich is to gently lift the sandwich, carefully remove the bread and other non-crab cake elements, throw them some place other than your plate, then proceed to enjoy the crab cake.

The same applies to a soft shell crab (sandwich).

LOL

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Not MoCo…but May’s Seafood on 355 in Frederick near FSK has an ass-kicking crab cake sandwich.
    That must be something new, in the past the crab cakes sucked and there were incidents of people getting sick from them were highly publicized.

Maybe management made some changes?

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Mrs Occam is particular on this topic. In recent years, the best spot by her standards (not counting making them herself to her own tough specs) has been The Pier in Solomon’s Island. Two very good sized cakes in their entree but not cheap. I think you can order just one in appetizer mode.

Bit of a haul from our beltway zone for sure.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not in MoCo but Boremans meats has premade fresh ones you cook yourself that are pretty decent

Boremans is only a stonethrow into Howard

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Another friend says this is hands down worth the drive (Linthicum Heights):

My understanding is that G&M's is the gold standard. I've been there a number of times with my family. It's hard to go there now that my father has passed away. He really enjoyed going there when visiting from the Midwest.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Just drive to the Baltimore area and go to Timbuktu ( https://goo.gl/maps/6Xzn947yGhezXs4B9 ). MoCo is only good for Halal and Empanadas.
    I worked a quarter mile from this place for 3 years. Legit had to pass it to and from my office, yet I never went. I always heard they did good crab cakes, but the place always just looked so sad and dated from the outside that it never drew me in. Me and my team did frequent Stained Glass Pub a ton right down the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom