• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    I have watched with great interest as you gathered to pass bills that save lives. You passed SB281 with much fanfare, back patting and announcing loudly that this bill and an assault weapons ban will prevent another Sandy Hook and Newtown tragedy. Why did you wait for these tragedies to occur before you did something about them? You knew assault weapons were deadly yet you did nothing until over 40 people were killed, most of them children. The political makeup was in place long before those innocent people were slaughtered, yet you waited until they were brutally executed before acting.

If you feel so strongly that these bills will prevent another Sandy Hook and Newtown, wouldn't it have made sense to have those laws in place thus preventing them from happening in the first place. You can't prevent a second tragedy if you couldn't prevent the first. Without the egg there'd be no chicken. I am still trying to understand how you can be so proud about saving future lives when you cost the lives of so many in the past. Your inactions cost the lives of over 40 people, most of which were children.

Now, this is how we should have painted this bill. We should have rubbed it in their face that they let 20 some children die on their watch.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    Beating a dead horse......

I'm hoping the anti's see this and think to themselves, can we really say it saves lives if it cost lives? Can we say we care about the children when they let all those children get slaughtered before acting?

I'm merely turning their battle cry against them. If everyone going forward says this to someone who is for AWB and says it's for the children or it prevents another Sandy Hook maybe we can turn them against the lawmakers who claim victory over this. Point out that children were executed and the political makeup was there to get this legislation passed for years. Yet the politicians sat there doing nothing which let those little kids die a horrible death by not acting sooner. This is now what I do. Yes, the bill and ban has passed, but it's not a dead horse.

In 2014 vote. Absolutely! But turn their constituents against them by repeatedly saying but they waited too long and a bunch of kids died because of them.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm hoping the anti's see this and think to themselves, can we really say it saves lives if it cost lives? Can we say we care about the children when they let all those children get slaughtered before acting?

I'm merely turning their battle cry against them. If everyone going forward says this to someone who is for AWB and says it's for the children or it prevents another Sandy Hook maybe we can turn them against the lawmakers who claim victory over this. Point out that children were executed and the political makeup was there to get this legislation passed for years. Yet the politicians sat there doing nothing which let those little kids die a horrible death by not acting sooner. This is now what I do. Yes, the bill and ban has passed, but it's not a dead horse.

In 2014 vote. Absolutely! But turn their constituents against them by repeatedly saying but they waited too long and a bunch of kids died because of them.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your position.

How would Maryland passing SB281 earlier have saved the lives of 20 children in Sandy Hook, CT?

This is what you're saying and it doesn't make any sense.

Also, why in the hell would we want to bring up the fact that 20 kids died at the muzzle of a gun when we're trying to keep our guns?

I do agree that SB281 was politically motivated though and Sandy Hook was just the ralleying cry for a gun ban policy that had already been in the works for a very long time.

To me, that's the disturbing and sick part; using dead kids as pawns.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    And the chicken came first.

Some thing had to have laid the egg.

From the egg comes the chicken.

We laid the egg. We are fighting the wrong people. Don't fight the politicians, fight those who vote them in. DINO is a good start because you infiltrate the ranks of the voters. Imagine you're in a crowd of thousands of people who support a politician. You stand next to a voter and say, I can't believe he waited for all those kids to die before acting against gun violence. He should have acted sooner and saved the lives of all those kids who got murdered. He's just as guilty for doing nothing. You say this enough times while going through the crowd it provokes thought.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    We laid the egg. We are fighting the wrong people. Don't fight the politicians, fight those who vote them in. DINO is a good start because you infiltrate the ranks of the voters. Imagine you're in a crowd of thousands of people who support a politician. You stand next to a voter and say, I can't believe he waited for all those kids to die before acting against gun violence. He should have acted sooner and saved the lives of all those kids who got murdered. He's just as guilty for doing nothing. You say this enough times while going through the crowd it provokes thought.

I changed my mind. You win.

Guns are evil. Guns cause death and destruction.

Let's keep talking about how many died because of guns.

Let's show pictures of dead people at political rallies with the slogan: "A Gun Killed This Person".

You convinced me. I'm taking all my guns to the MSP and I'm going to ask them to melt them down so I can sleep at night.

I feel better now. Time to buy some Rainbow Polish and Unicorn Feed.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I am a DINO member, but not to talk about how deadly and evil guns are.

I got my new Democrat Voter Card in the mail last week.

I am a DINO member so I can throw out Liberal Politicians who voted for SB281, Gas Taxes, and the Rain Tax.

The DINO movement has NOTHING to do with the people who voted the Libtard Politicians into office.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Actually, I think the time now is more appropriate to suggest to our lawmakers that a bill should be passed banning all tornadoes because as we all know now, children were killed needlessly in Oklahoma because there was no such law there and we don't want something like that to ever happen again. That makes as much sense as SB281 and would be just as effective. :sarcasm:

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    No, guns aren't evil. The politicians who voted to ban them are evil. The people who voted these politicians into office are idiots. You can abolish the evil by being a Trojan Horse. BTW, if I " win " the evil politicians are voted out of office and 2A rights are restored!

Operation Trojan Horse!

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee

Bad idea, and I'll tell you why. What you're doing is planting the idea that further legislation to restrict rights is a GOOD thing. You take people that might be on the fence and get them thinking that it's a good idea to ban guns/assassinate terrorists without a trial/arrest people without probable cause/etc. because you can prevent horrible things from happening in the future. And when bad things happen (because they will), the people you "convinced" will vote for someone MORE extreme than the ones in office.

You're losing the forest for the trees.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013

If anyone attended the political training class last Saturday in Arbutis, you would have learned that out of 100 people in a given county, it only takes something like 3 +1 people to get a politician elected.

So, IMO, you get Dinos to unseat the current politician in the primary, and then you convince those 4 out of 100 voters to elect our politician.

Curiously, at this traing class, they said that the best way to convince current politicians about an issue was post cards and letters. Emails was last on the list.

However, it seems that over 1 million emails from us about SB281 was very successful.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Bad idea, and I'll tell you why. What you're doing is planting the idea that further legislation to restrict rights is a GOOD thing. You take people that might be on the fence and get them thinking that it's a good idea to ban guns/assassinate terrorists without a trial/arrest people without probable cause/etc. because you can prevent horrible things from happening in the future. And when bad things happen (because they will), the people you "convinced" will vote for someone MORE extreme than the ones in office.

You're losing the forest for the trees.

YUP!!!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If anyone attended the political training class last Saturday in Arbutis, you would have learned that out of 100 people in a given county, it only takes something like 3 +1 people to get a politician elected.

So, IMO, you get Dinos to unseat the current politician in the primary, and then you convince those 4 out of 100 voters to elect our politician.

Curiously, at this traing class, they said that the best way to convince current politicians about an issue was post cards and letters. Emails was last on the list.

However, it seems that over 1 million emails from us about SB281 was very successful.

Can't hit the delete botton on a letter or a post card.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013

When you say the email campaign was successful do you mean the emails made it into the recepiants inbox, or that the emails convinced the lawmakers to abandon their efforts to infringe our 2A rights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom