• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I'm not Hank, but my guess is General Aviation .

I assumed it was legal, but didn't actually ask (guns just aren't that big a deal out here in America). Uncle's plane, he knew I was carrying. He's actually from California, but we were in a free state. No commercial aviation at either field we used, but I don't think any of that matters as far as the airplkane is concerned. To and from the field falls under state jurisdiction, obviously.

In direct contrast to the original statement, it's kosher to carry a loaded gun onto "airplkane" in lots of places and situations.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Carry on a non commercial aircraft is legal with the PIC's permission. I have done it on my friend's Premierjet. He's the PIC.

The OP was about carry onto a commercial aircraft.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the quote was in reference to the guy who attempted to board the aircraft, not me,

in the context of boarding a commercial aircraft,it was demonstrably true. the OP was not about civil aviation,

context is everything..

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Doesn't even the misdemeanor "carry without permit" make him prohibited? What's the possible length of sentence?

Edit: the other thread says 4-203 is max of 3 years. Is this what he plead to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Doesn't even the misdemeanor "carry without permit" make him prohibited? What's the possible length of sentence?

Edit: the other thread says 4-203 is max of 3 years. Is this what he plead to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PBJ,"By agreeing to a probation before judgment, Pettyjohn did not admit to any guilt and was not convicted of any crime."

BS

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I read the capital article, still doesn't make sense, does MDS have an attorney that can explain this? So MD has some of the most strict gun laws in the nation ... for locals only.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I read the capital article, still doesn't make sense, does MDS have an attorney that can explain this? So MD has some of the most strict gun laws in the nation ... for locals only.

That's what it sounds like to me. But maybe only for the "privileged" out-of-staters.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I wondering about the "other hand washing" Maryland pols get if caught in DE doing something they shouldn't? Like throwing underage drinking parties for graduation and tearing up houses as a result...

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    He was on talk radio this a.m. saying people at BWI only got one day probation in their PBJ.

From the stuff I heard coming out of his mouth (days after he was caught an after the PBJ) he's full of sh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom