• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From Gary Slider at handgunlaw.us
    Delaware this morning removed Virginia from the list of states it honors. I believe this was caused by Virginia allowing training to take place over the internet. I am not sure if VA will drop DE. Time will tell. www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to show this change in who honors whose permit/license. http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml

Both Ohio and Michigan are taking up legislation this week on changing their Firearm Laws. The bills as passed by one house make major changes. In Michigan Registration/Places off Limits are a couple of the biggies that could be removed. In Ohio they are talking about Universal Recognition, Loaded mags outside the firearm would no longer equal a loaded firearm even with the firearm in the trunk and the mag is in the glove box plus other changes. I am not sure what the outcome will be in these two states but hoping for the best.

Wisconsin’s Concealed Carry Law has been in effect for a year. So far WI has issued about 144,000 Concealed Weapons Licenses. That means residents of WI have spent over $7,000,000 to obtain a state license to legally carry a firearm. That does not count what they spent on Firearms/Ammunition/Holsters/Ammo Carriers/Training and other odds and ends to obtain that license. Law Enforcement is not reporting any major problems
    Cross posting to VA and Nat 2A forums as this is important legal info.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    I have a VA permit, live in MD, and travel to DE for work. what is the best permit for me to get? AZ, FL, UT?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a VA permit, live in MD, and travel to DE for work. what is the best permit for me to get? AZ, FL, UT?

What did you use for training to get you VA permit?

If you need training anyway why not get them all. I did.

Cost wise if you need training UT is the better option with the course being a one stop shop. We do the required lecture course, fingerprints, passport photos, help each applicant go over their paperwork to ensure it is correct and complete, then we mail the application packet to Utah. All of this is done for one low price+application fee. $151.00 total out the door for a MDShooters member.

If you want to apply for FL and take our UT course you then meet up with me at the range for a proficiency test. You will then receive a certificate showing you completed all requirements for FL. Complete the FL application packet and mail it off to be processed. Please note that FL has different requirements for fingerprints. We can not do the Fingerprints for FL.

AZ will accept the certificate for FL as proof of training, we can fingerprint you for AZ at the UT course if you request a packet and receive it before taking the UT course..

I have multiple permits, changes is the laws happen all the time and I want as much coverage as I can get.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

If you plan on a possible vacation to FL, then that's the one I'd get since they won't honor non-resident out of state permits.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    What did you use for training to get you VA permit?

If you need training anyway why not get them all. I did.

Cost wise if you need training UT is the better option with the course being a one stop shop. We do the required lecture course, fingerprints, passport photos, help each applicant go over their paperwork to ensure it is correct and complete, then we mail the application packet to Utah. All of this is done for one low price+application fee. $151.00 total out the door for a MDShooters member.

If you want to apply for FL and take our UT course you then meet up with me at the range for a proficiency test. You will then receive a certificate showing you completed all requirements for FL. Complete the FL application packet and mail it off to be processed. Please note that FL has different requirements for fingerprints. We can not do the Fingerprints for FL.

AZ will accept the certificate for FL as proof of training, we can fingerprint you for AZ at the UT course if you request a packet and receive it before taking the UT course..

I have multiple permits, changes is the laws happen all the time and I want as much coverage as I can get.

Thanks! I will try and get signed up for your Jan 5th course. I appreciate the help!!

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    If you plan on a possible vacation to FL, then that's the one I'd get since they won't honor non-resident out of state permits.

So florida will issue a Non-resident CCW, but will not honor any other states? Just want to clarify. Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    FL does not honor any other state's non resident permit. If you want to carry in FL, you need to get a FL NR permit.

FYI

ME,NH,CO, MI and SC do not honor non resident permits either.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Finally called and got an update on my Fl permit from the 2nd week of September. Said it was issued and mailed. Waiting for it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom