• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    My wife wanted to go to downtown DC to try some new restaurants on Saturday and now that this is happening, I’ll be staying home. Why can’t they just protest virtually inside their own homes?

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    If the protestors want PEACE and they want to practice the 1ST AMENDMENT by protesting peacefully I support that.

NOTE: what Hamas did to the innocent civilian victims in Israel was barbarism. Israel has the right to defend herself.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    If the protestors want PEACE and they want to practice the 1ST AMENDMENT by protesting peacefully I support that.

NOTE: what Hamas did to the innocent civilian victims in Israel was barbarism. Israel has the right to defend herself.
    The best defense is a good offense. Let it rip Isrealis. FJB asking for pauses. Did not ask for any pauses at the Ukrainian $ Laundromat. FJB.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    “We can’t bomb our way to peace…”
    Well, news flash. You can’t march to it either. This is far bigger than you and some protesters marching.
    Ironically, thousands of years of human history show that in fact imposing maximum military violence on an opponent is exactly how you get to peace.
    Limited constrained wars lead to stalemates and continual violence, and strong responses lead to peace.

The corollary: "Responding just leads to cycles" is also something only said by ignorant people who have not studied conflict statecraft or human history.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    History has shown you can’t bomb your way to victory…at least in most cases. It still takes boots on the ground to secure victory.

Only then can you work on winning the peace…but that assumes the defeated want peace. I’ve seen nothing in the mid-east that shows the terrorist groups and their sponsoring nations are interested in peace…no matter how many times they’ve been defeated. Their sponsors continually sit back and wait for their opportunity to do it again…while others do the dying for them.

This will continue to happen until one side achieves total victory.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The march route stretches begins at Freedom plaza and will head North on 14th Street, to K Street, West on K Street to 17th Street, South on 17th Street to the closed portion of Pennsylvania Avenue, east bound to 15th Street, South on 15th Street, and loop back to the initial starting point.

Drivers are advised to expect road closures and delays in the area of the above locations.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    History has shown you can’t bomb your way to victory…at least in most cases. It still takes boots on the ground to secure victory.

Only then can you work on winning the peace…but that assumes the defeated want peace. I’ve seen nothing in the mid-east that shows the terrorist groups and their sponsoring nations are interested in peace…no matter how many times they’ve been defeated. Their sponsors continually sit back and wait for their opportunity to do it again…while others do the dying for them.

This will continue to happen until one side achieves total victory.
    The problem with victory is what happens afterwards. We and other victors are good at what we do becoming the winners but horrible at removing ourselves afterwards because we never have a plan for that. It’s happened to us time and time again.

When the Israelis claim victory which I have no doubt they will, they will find out they created exponential terrorists globally against them.

There will be no real winners in this.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    When the Israelis claim victory which I have no doubt they will, they will find out they created exponential terrorists globally against them.

There will be no real winners in this.
    Nope.

This fallacy was addressed in the other thread.

Egypt came to the table after having it's ass handed to them in the desert more than once and having been abandoned by their "brothers."

Recognition and peace with Israel brings results.

Many Arabs get that.

The Persians not so much.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Nope.

This fallacy was addressed in the other thread.

Egypt came to the table after having it's ass handed to them in the desert more than once and having been abandoned by their "brothers."

Recognition and peace with Israel brings results.
    That’s awesome !!
    “This fallacy was addressed in the other thread”
    A thread here has solved a global conflict by declaring a different view of that ongoing conflict a fallacy.

Last edited:

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    That’s awesome !!
    “This fallacy was addressed in the other thread”
    A thread here has solved a global conflict by declaring a different view of that ongoing conflict a fallacy.

Posts 4807 and 4808.

No threads here solved global conflict. Just the fact that killing terrorists does not “create” more, faster.

It bothers me to hear people I care about repeat things that need to be corrected.

Sometimes they/you? Are not aware they are doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom