DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Does one deserve to die for being out at 0400?
    of course not. but if stealing parts or entire cars, and then threatening or attacking someone who caught or interrupted him, then perhaps yes he may have set his own death in motion. but none of us seem to know what actually happened so it's all speculation at this point.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****No, of course not, if they were just out at 0400 - but you left out a detail or two... :sad20:

Engaging in purported criminal behavior at 0400 does increase someone's odds of facing consequences, sometimes severe, and yes in this example I am blaming the "victim".

He should not be dead, and he would likely not have been dead if he had not made some very bad decisions that day. Crime doesn't always pay, and it looks like that kid paid a big price for his alleged criminal behavior.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A man looked out his window and saw a yute walking around. He checked his watch and said “by golly, it’s 0400!!!…I’ll kill that rat bastard!!!” Then he shot him.

Is this what you think happened?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I thought they could at least give some idea that there may have been some kind of altercation which lead to the homeowner shooting. Maybe that's still too much to giveduring the investigation?? But in the wake of the unruly mob going after the shooter you'd think something could be released to try to prevent the city from burning(metaphorically) or reduce vigilanteeism that is brewing. Still the info might not guarantee anything.

I don't think it is possible to not have a major civil disturbance . They can try to influence the When. , but the IF has already left the building .

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    A man looked out his window and saw a yute walking around. He checked his watch and said “by golly, it’s 0400!!!…I’ll kill that rat bastard!!!” Then he shot him.

Is this what you think happened?
    That’s how I read it in the papers…

Hand’s up don’t shoot.

Ice Tea and Skittles in a hoodie.

I can’t breath,

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    ****No, of course not, if they were just out at 0400 - but you left out a detail or two... :sad20:

Engaging in purported criminal behavior at 0400 does increase someone's odds of facing consequences, sometimes severe, and yes in this example I am blaming the "victim".

He should not be dead, and he would likely not have been dead if he had not made some very bad decisions that day. Crime doesn't always pay, and it looks like that kid paid a big price for his alleged criminal behavior.
    Crime does not pay, period.
    That's the message that needs to be sent to all "youts"
    Bernie Madoff got his in the end, and his family, and so on.

A youngster is better off schlepping for decades with honest work than going for the criminal brass ring. That message is lacking from parents and family for more than a few. Sad.

There are a lot of examples of hard work paying off:
    Look at the president, he...
    Look at Pelosi she,...
    Hunter Biden...

LOL, regardless; hard work does pay off and criminal acts are the road to ruin.
    That message, really needs to be pushed out.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Wonder if the mayor will tell the commissioner to slow down those DC permit approvals…

Applicable DC code section:

24-2340. Issuance or Denial.
    2340.1 The Chief shall issue a license to carry a concealed pistol or provide a written denial of the application within a reasonable time after receiving a completed application. A reasonable period of time shall normally be within ninety (90) days; however, the time may be extended by the Chief for an additional ninety (90) days where there is good cause for additional time to complete the investigation and the applicant is so notified in writing.

We’ll see if they go that route…

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I had a personal story to add but it was long and at the end of the day the gist was when my car was vandalized :

The police came, took a report, and told me 'juvenile crime is not a priority'. I asked some questions that I feel foreshadowed what the homeowner in the shooting incident must have felt.. I asked 'how can I detain the individual if I he returns to carry out his threat?'. Answer : You cannot citizens arrest a juvenile. If you're attacked by the juvenile you cannot use 'pepperspray-mace-taser-stungun-nightstick-pr24-batton- [i asked]. You cannot handcuff [plastic or traditional], hogtie, restrain-using-wrestling or impede the retreat of that individual. DC says you can ONLY CALL 911 ... So in the midst of confrontation if it goes bad, according to the female patrol officer, you are the problem because
    "It's a juvenile sir".

Oh the parent of the child that vandalized my car, I found her on instagram [killakieshaofficial]. After making her aware of how bad I could make her life if this behavior didn't change, her child and his friends moved on to another block. They still walk past my house, since I live 1/2 block away from the neighborhood Rec, but they don't touch my stuff anymore. The only solution in my opinion is to make the pain personal for the parents. They maybe these parents will take the proper interest in the raising of their own children, or make different choices when it comes to having them.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    I had a personal story to add but it was long and at the end of the day the gist was when my car was vandalized :

The police came, took a report, and told me 'juvenile crime is not a priority'. I asked some questions that I feel foreshadowed what the homeowner in the shooting incident must have felt.. I asked 'how can I detain the individual if I he returns to carry out his threat?'. Answer : You cannot citizens arrest a juvenile. If you're attacked by the juvenile you cannot use 'pepperspray-mace-taser-stungun-nightstick-pr24-batton- [i asked]. You cannot handcuff [plastic or traditional], hogtie, restrain-using-wrestling or impede the retreat of that individual. DC says you can ONLY CALL 911 ... So in the midst of confrontation if it goes bad, according to the female patrol officer, you are the problem because
    Government has made it all but impossible to discipline your children ... corporal punishment will get you arrested, and these little shits know it ! So don't blame it all on the parents ... this is just another example of your Government F@cking more shite up !

Burt

Jan 20, 2023
    Occupied
    And as a civilized society we evolved and realized that was wrong…
    77728969-7519-42C0-99E8-A9DDD9D6374E.gif

Yes soft on crime is working great.

Wonder who has less. Baltimore. Or texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom