• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    When I took the MD & DC CCW class about 10 days ago, I had to shoot and extra 25 rounds for the DC permit (DC requires 50 rounds, MD only requires 25) and I got a second training cert form issued by the DC Metropolitan Police. Other than that, nothing else was required for DC versus MD.

Unlike for MD, apparently one cannot electronically file for a DC CCW permit. One has to make an appointment and go into DC to fill out the paperwork.

Cal68

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Long shot here, is there anyone offer a bridge class to take the maryland cert to meet DC requirements?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Gilbert's offered the DC class as an extra add on. BTW - just got my DC via email today, submitted on 7/25.
    I already have my md class did it in August. The company i went with didn’t offer DC class, they did give me what i needed for Florida.

Tuffano

MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2020
    MoCo Maryland
    Gilbert's offered the DC class as an extra add on. BTW - just got my DC via email today, submitted on 7/25.
    I’ve got the the MD CCW class schedule at Gilbert’s end of this month and they have add on options for DC @ $100 and Utah @ $80. I’ll probably bite and ask questions then to see what’s needed.

sig 226

Aug 6, 2022
    VA
    I’ve got the the MD CCW class schedule at Gilbert’s end of this month and they have add on options for DC @ $100 and Utah @ $80. I’ll probably bite and ask questions then to see what’s needed.
    @Gilbert's and for the DC portion there was an additional 50 rounds to be shot at 15 yards.. unlimited time.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    You need the dc law class and a 50 round shoot. Look in the dc section for info on someone who does the law class via zoom.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I already have my md class did it in August. The company i went with didn’t offer DC class, they did give me what i needed for Florida.
    George Lyon does one occasionally, he is a DC lawyer and DC 2A Instructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom