• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    DC Concealed Carry License & Registration FAQ

The OP asked me about spare mags and Ammo regs.

As a police it is our department policy that we are to carry a specific amount of ammo on duty however Off duty there is no required amount or minimum so I wouldn't see how another 10 round mag would violate any law.

You are required to carry 2 spare mags, right, typically 17 rd, right?

Chief Lanier is on record that she approves each permit holder, and that she is quite comfortable with those she has approved, because they are not the people she is concerned about committing crimes.

So, what possible purpose could one have for restricting responsible citizens who have been fingerprinted, no criminal record and passed an extensive background check and training to some arbitrary round/mag limit?

Perhaps it's a public safety issue.

A fairly recent FL survey appears to indicate the police officers commit slightly more gun crimes than permit holders.

Would it not be more logical to limit DC Police to 2 ten round magazines as well, or instead?

Perhaps give Police time to think between mag changes...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...0844f0-f028-11e4-a55f-38924fca94f9_story.html

or give innocent victims a chance to flee...

http://wtop.com/charles-county/2015...ed-with-murder-in-waldorf-mcdonalds-shooting/

Mr H

Banana'd
    DC accepts NRA firearms training. They don't specifically deny or accept other state's training. You could call them.

DC traing has a live fire component. There is nothing written specifically, but perhaps it would be accepted if you had a live fire component as part of your state CCW training. I would imagine UT might not be accepted since it does not require live fire. But just speculation on my part.

Let us know what they tell you if you call them.

The DC course of fire is 50 rounds at 45 feet with a passing score of 70.

Apologies if this has been covered... I'm just getting to this thread.

NRA Basic Pistol includes live fire. Does this count toward the DC live fire requirement, or must you do that in addition??

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Apologies if this has been covered... I'm just getting to this thread.

NRA Basic includes live fire. Does this count toward the live fire, or must you do that in addition??

NRA Training is covered - refer to the original post (OP).
    The two most important things IMHO are that you join the SAF.ORG before applying ($15 Annual or $150 Life) and attach a copy of the success page to your DC CCL Application.
    Have a CCL/CCW/HP from any other jurisdiction (doesn't have to be your state of residence) and attach a copy of that to your application.
    Include G&S if you have it AND add "Self Defense and All Lawful Purposes".
    If you don't have G&S, just put "Self Defense and All Lawful Purposes".

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    OK... wasn't clear to me at that point... but I've had a weird day.

;)

I need to renew my Utah first, but hopefully the window will still be open when I decide.

Is your Utah expired? With online $15 renewal - how did you let that happen? Include your Utah and apply tomorrow regardless. I doubt they will even care, and if they do, by the time they bring it up, you can email them your renewed Utah permit.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    "The registrant must have the registration certificate in his or her possession whenever he has possession of the firearm, and show it to a member of MPD or other law enforcement officer upon demand."

http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/243962

edit: also in the OP under requirements to disclose, number 2.
    Right, that's after you get your CCL & registration. Both are credit card sized, & both must be carried if you're carrying concealed in DC.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Going into DC today for the first time without having to spend 20 minutes policing for spent brass.

Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom