• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    They ask if you provide a need other than self defense. I applied with G&S and didn't even check the self defense box. I have twice now provided more info after getting the 90 day extension letter. No answer yet. It ain't easy that's for sure.

:confused:

Like defending someone else , or you need for offensive purposes?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Has anyone received any feedback from submission of appeal?
    I received my denial and submitted my appeal on 9/12 before I hopped on a plane to Japan, so I will not know what if anything is going on until I get back mid-October.
    I thought the instructions Sgt. Hall provided said something about the appeals board convening within 10days, or maybe it was 30days, and the 10days was the time we have to respond to the denial. Anyhow I responded in 2days.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Has anyone received any feedback from submission of appeal?
    I received my denial and submitted my appeal on 9/12 before I hopped on a plane to Japan, so I will not know what if anything is going on until I get back mid-October.
    I thought the instructions Sgt. Hall provided said something about the appeals board convening within 10days, or maybe it was 30days, and the 10days was the time we have to respond to the denial. Anyhow I responded in 2days.
    That I am aware of you are the only one that has decided to appeal. Others have tried to submit G&S after the denial, not sure how that will work. There is no informal review process in D.C..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That I am aware of you are the only one that has decided to appeal. Others have tried to submit G&S after the denial, not sure how that will work. There is no informal review process in D.C..

It won't work. Must go to appeal board.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't recall there even being a "self defense" box when I applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here are the two boxes on the application.

Attachments

• checkbox.JPG
      checkbox.JPG
      70 KB · Views: 110

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I thought one of the positions involved a judge from the DC appeals court?

Gary Abrecht is one, his wife is a judge. I believe both were police officers in the district too. Clayton Lawrence is on the board too. If it is the well known physician, business owner in DC, I don't know. Laura Ingersoll is a retired US District Attorney.

Doesn't ring like a pro 2A group to me.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Gary Abrecht is one, his wife is a judge. I believe both were police officers in the district too. Clayton Lawrence is on the board too. If it is the well known physician, business owner in DC, I don't know. Laura Ingersoll is a retired US District Attorney.

Doesn't ring like a pro 2A group to me.
    Exactly. Unless someone like George Lyon is on the board there is no fair balance to the DC board.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Denied here. I have an email from Hall back in June stating that if I got my denial I could amend my application. He is now reneging on that and saying I need to reapply to add G&S. I'm discussing it with him. Here's the exact email between us (some info redacted):

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 9:58 AM
    To: Paul <paul@sillengineering.com>
    Subject: RE: DC Concealed Carry License

You can appeal, reapply, or amend your current application.

Colin Hall
    Sergeant
    Gun Control/Firearms Registration Unit/Civilian Fingerprint Section
    Metropolitan Police Department
    202-727-9889-Desk
    202-727-4275-main office

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 9:56 AM
    To: Hall, Colin (MPD)

...I do have a business and could justify the Good Reason requirement. If I am denied based on the self-defense reasoning, will I be given an opportunity to provide the Good Reason requirement?

To me I'm clearly asking if I can provide G&S after getting my denial. And he clearly states I can amend my app. Do you read that differently? I'm sure there's nothing binding here, but receiving incorrect info from the guy in charge is damn annoying. :tdown:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm betting he thought you could, then got overruled by his bosses.
    Agreed. The rules are changing on him constantly. It is a new process and of course it is being run by anti's. Every time I submit something and he says it is all he would need I get another email requesting more info.

This process has a lot to do with whether I continue to operate in DC or not. If denied I will likely shut down operations in DC. Every trip thus far into DC for business has been a parking and traffic nightmare anyway.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Agreed. The rules are changing on him constantly. It is a new process and of course it is being run by anti's. Every time I submit something and he says it is all he would need I get another email requesting more info.

This process has a lot to do with whether I continue to operate in DC or not. If denied I will likely shut down operations in DC. Every trip thus far into DC for business has been a parking and traffic nightmare anyway.

:lol: Exactly my view! The time it takes me to park, traffic etc. My net profit goes way down in DC vs time. I kind of serve the NW outskirts still, but going deep in to the mess like 20th and K, I give up work there these days.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Denied here. I have an email from Hall back in June stating that if I got my denial I could amend my application. He is now reneging on that and saying I need to reapply to add G&S. I'm discussing it with him. Here's the exact email between us (some info redacted):

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 9:58 AM
    To: Paul <paul@sillengineering.com>

You can appeal, reapply, or amend your current application.

Colin Hall
    Sergeant
    Gun Control/Firearms Registration Unit/Civilian Fingerprint Section
    Metropolitan Police Department
    202-727-9889-Desk
    202-727-4275-main office

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 9:56 AM
    To: Hall, Colin (MPD)

...I do have a business and could justify the Good Reason requirement. If I am denied based on the self-defense reasoning, will I be given an opportunity to provide the Good Reason requirement?

To me I'm clearly asking if I can provide G&S after getting my denial. And he clearly states I can amend my app. Do you read that differently? I'm sure there's nothing binding here, but receiving incorrect info from the guy in charge is damn annoying. :tdown:

Seems like a moving goal post to me. I saw no evidence you could amend something after a denial.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You can't and there is no informal review process. If denied you must go to the board appointed by the mayor. #Fuggedaboutit!

Unfortunately, that's where I stopped. I'm simply unable to attend such a thing. It was hard enough getting the time off to apply in the first place.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It'd be a hell of a sourpuss shitshow for sure
    (I just came up with an awesome punk band name).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom