• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Look at that age distribution.

Today's the last day of school for students in DC Public Schools.

Get ready for what's coming this Summer.

Cars are also being stolen without people in them:

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I was up in Cleveland this past weekend, riding with my fiancee and her brother and 22 year old nephew and having various conversations during our visit to her parents. Her brother and nephew are Maine residents, and one such conversation we had was about crime, Baltimore, the Wire, DC politics, guns, etc. Her nephew relayed a story of how someone had a car stolen ( likely up in Maine) and when they called the police, the response was essentially a "sorry for your luck approach." The answer from the police was that model car was so in demand that it was likely already on a container heading for a ship to carry it abroad for it's new owner.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I was up in Cleveland this past weekend, riding with my fiancee and her brother and 22 year old nephew and having various conversations during our visit to her parents. Her brother and nephew are Maine residents, and one such conversation we had was about crime, Baltimore, the Wire, DC politics, guns, etc. Her nephew relayed a story of how someone had a car stolen ( likely up in Maine) and when they called the police, the response was essentially a "sorry for your luck approach." The answer from the police was that model car was so in demand that it was likely already on a container heading for a ship to carry it abroad for it's new owner.
    I'm sure a number of stolen cars are taken to be "container-ed" and shipped overseas.

However, DC also has youth who steal/carjack the cars and joyride to commit other crimes:

D.C. police have arrested a trio of teens who went on a four-hour carjacking and robbery spree throughout the city.

Authorities said that on Friday they charged a 16-year-old male and two 15-year-old males, all from Southeast, with six carjacking offenses and four robbery offenses.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm sure a number of stolen cars are taken to be "container-ed" and shipped overseas.

However, DC also has youth who steal/carjack the cars and joyride to commit other crimes:

D.C. police have arrested a trio of teens who went on a four-hour carjacking and robbery spree throughout the city.

Authorities said that on Friday they charged a 16-year-old male and two 15-year-old males, all from Southeast, with six carjacking offenses and four robbery offenses.

Yes, the youth thievery part I also know.

Last night in at the Wawa at Washington Blvd and the Beltway, as I gassed up, I noticed a dark haired youth with a roll of Blue masking tape kneeling down by his front bumper at the other side of my pump lane. As he got back in the car, and fired it up, I noticed he had also use the blue tape to cover over the numbers on the back plate. The cops had just left this WAWA lot, moments before this, and I wonder what they might have said, if they were there and saw what I saw.

Sadly, I was still pumping and could not get the make and model car to make a phone call to 911.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yes, the youth thievery part I also know.

Last night in at the Wawa at Washington Blvd and the Beltway, as I gassed up, I noticed a dark haired youth with a roll of Blue masking tape kneeling down by his front bumper at the other side of my pump lane. As he got back in his car, and fired it up, I noticed he had also use the blue tape to cover over the numbers on the back plate. The cops had just left this WAWA lot, moments before this, and I wonder what they might have said, if they were there and saw what I saw.

Sadly, I was still pumping and could not get the make and model car to make a phone call to 911.
    Oh come on.... He's just tired of those speed cameras like we all are.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Perhaps if a few of these opportunistic yutes received some street justice on the spot, they might eventually decide to pursue a different lifestyle. It's hard to steal cars when you're not on the street.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Perhaps if a few of these opportunistic yutes received some street justice on the spot, they might eventually decide to pursue a different lifestyle. It's hard to steal cars when you're not on the street.
    I'm amazed these "youths" haven't encountered someone who's carrying.

D.C. saw a 189% increase in permits between 2019 and 2022.

From October 2021:
    FOX 5 is now also learning of the 8,873 total granted D.C. Concealed Carry Permits last year, 2,743, or almost 31% of these permits were approved just year (as of September 24, 2021).

Anybody know what the total number of granted DC Permits is now?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I witnessed the 2021 car jacking outside Nationals Stadium. Disgusting this was committed by two kids.
    That must have been horrific to witness. I remember the video. One of the teens got out of the wrecked car and then repeatedly stated how she needed her phone while the victim was dead on the pavement a few yards from her feet. Total sociopath.

DC Law prevented the 13-year old from being charged as an adult and the prosecutor didn't want to try the 15-year old as an adult. These individuals were offered plea bargains, and plead guilty to felony murder in exchange for the dismissal of other charges. Both received the maximum sentence allowed by law and were remanded to the care of a youth agency until deemed rehabilitated or reaching the age of 21.

Disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom