• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    My point was not to argue taxes but to show that Craig has no appreciation for making a better more efficient system, but only to get himself elected to the next higher office in the land much like every other politician.

There are accepted policies that are dysfunctional. These policies have been openly or tacitly accepted and endorsed by both sides including Craig and across the whole state.

There are not enough teachers in any county to be the sole deciding force in any election but there are enough parents to be catered to and wooed by manipulative politicos.

You can have the last word if you wish, I'll just leave saying that Craig is just like the rest and an unlikely dark horse of Maryland.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    My point was not to argue taxes but to show that Craig has no appreciation for making a better more efficient system, but only to get himself elected to the next higher office in the land much like every other politician.

There are accepted policies that are dysfunctional. These policies have been openly or tacitly accepted and endorsed by both sides including Craig and across the whole state.

There are not enough teachers in any county to be the sole deciding force in any election but there are enough parents to be catered to and wooed by manipulative politicos.

You can have the last word if you wish, I'll just leave saying that Craig is just like the rest and an unlikely dark horse of Maryland.

He may win the Republican nod but only a Dem will win the State House. Unfortunately the only gun supporters I ever hear about are from Cecil County or the Eastern Shore. I just do not see any prominent Dem touting gun rights. Its not a Dem thing.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I grew up on Buggs Bunny. Shame half the stuff he did was borderline racist. That could never play in cartoons today. Buggs used maroon as a racial epithet in case you did not know.
    Now that I never realized...but, since I subscribe to the George Carlin "equal opportunity offender" theory, I don't really care. And that is why modern cartoons suck and old school rules.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Now that I never realized...but, since I subscribe to the George Carlin "equal opportunity offender" theory, I don't really care. And that is why modern cartoons suck and old school rules.

I agree that most old cartoons were really good but not for their racism. They put it in as if it were ok. New toons like South Park put it in and let you know up front that they know its not ok and they are seeking humor. As Republican Gubernatorial candidates go, I think its safe to say old or new toon, there really isn't a candidate that would run and beat the Brown/whoeverthatguyis ticket.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Are there any other potential governor candidates? Or are we SOL?

I just got a flier from Ron George announcing he would be seeking the GOP nomination for governor. He's a delegate from District 30 (Annapolis) -- used to be my delegate until I got gerrymandered into the 33rd. Very sound on 2nd Amendment issues and others as well (anti-tax, anti-spend, etc). I have no idea what the primary will look like. I'm pretty sure Dan Bongino will run as well.

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    The Dagger is a rag of an online source for much of anything.
    Yes his and the unions numbers are wrong, but his are even more wrong. He fails to account for the increases in special student services that have been enacted in the past few years. The county/state is obligated to pay costs of special education well above and beyond what your average student receives thus inflating per pupil costs. The number of students who qualify for special needs has increased.
    My wife sees it every year. Parents suing the school system to make them pay for a private school for special johnny.
    Inclusion programs have become a pathway for lawsuits that didn't happen a decade ago. Do you know what it costs to provide special helpers for individual classrooms? Add to that the administrator's and facilitator's bloated salaries.
    Ultimately the true costs are born by the lowest rung on the ladder; the new teachers and the neediest public students who are not rock bottom special needs with parent's that are litigous. The existing teachers are taking yet another pay freeze while the newest teachers are at risk of being fired and the kids who need just a little more help don't get it because the neediest inclusion kids suck up all the resources and time. Inclusion programs influence the numbers without recognition of such influence.

Craig is a social political climber not someone that has your or our interest in mind.

It's there a better alternative? The hell if I know because this is Maryland.

That's enough non-gun ranting from me on a gun forum.

edit - add on: He's been almost as rough on other agencies, in particular the Sheriff's office as was noted in another post. This just reinforces what I already think of him. He'll sell you out to advance, plain and simple.

Preachin' to the choir there Anti.

I come from a family of educators. Mother was an elementary administrator for 40 years in Baltimore City.

My wife is one of the ones who tries to defend the county from the private placements. If the public ever saw those numbers (in heads and dollars) there would be hell to pay. We're talking Ivy League college money to educate one student who may or may not end up functionally independent.

It's just another sign. Breakdown of society and family in general. I've never seen so many damaged 5 year old kids. But when you consider mom has 5 kids from 5 daddies (most of whom are staying at the county or state "hotel") and that mom was a heavy drug user during pregnancy, there's not much hope for the poor kids. Really sad to see a 5 year old handcuffed in the back of the cruiser because he had a violent episode at school. Yet it happens at least once a month at my wife's school.

Sorry, I don't know the answers. I do know the money well went dry a couple of years ago and the public sector wasn't prepared for it and didn't know how to manage it. In my business I was able to freeze salaries, not hire anybody new and not replace those that left. At the same time, it required everybody else to work more hours to make up the difference and to hold customer service at a level where it needed to be. At the same time, competitors were failing and there was market share available to be taken. My biggest problem was the downturn killed my customers. Many were small and borderline financially and were unable to pay their bills. Rambling here but just trying to point out that the private sector just couldn't open the tax faucet more like the public sector thinks they always can. First time that they can't and they are all at each others throats.

OK, getting dizzy up here on the soap box.

Somebody go down and bug Shelly Scheuerman and Rob Shiflett to release early. Probably more productive than arguing the next governor before the full field is known.

Last edited:

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    The only problem with David Craig is that Anthony Brown is already the next governor, he is just waiting for the time to come. If you people can't see this it is time to get your heads out of the sand.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Screenshot_2013_06_12_20_07_47.png

Screenshot_2013_06_12_20_07_31.png

harford county's budget is balanced, again, and no tax increases, again.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The only problem with David Craig is that Anthony Brown is already the next governor, he is just waiting for the time to come. If you people can't see this it is time to get your heads out of the sand.

LOL

You know, I was thinking that myself.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I don't think that this guy couldn't get elected if he was the only one running...

He would have a good chance if & only if:

His only Democratic opponent was Kathleen Kennedy Townsend...

wrl11

Jan 17, 2013
    I spoke with him at the recent Anne Arundel Repub fund raiser that David Keene spoke at and he said he supported 2A rights, but there was no passion about it.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    I am 90% sure Bongino is not running for the position. I think I read he was running for something else, just can't remember what.

Google is my friend. He is running for a Senate position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom