• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Let me make sure we're clear on this. The lead time is quoted as 10-14 business days. It's been 3 since your order, and you're wondering why it hasn't been updated yet?

Dude. Seriously. Chill.

If, after 15 days, it hasn't changed, and you're seriously of the mentality DANIEL FRICKIN DEFENSE is going to risk their unbelievably good name just to weasel you out of a few hundred bucks, by all means, give 'em a call. Until then, please don't bother them...they have enough ARFCOM basement-dwelling la-z-boy ninjas doing just that in between bouts of mom's meatloaf.

In other words.....cracka please.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I agree with Armed Ferrett, you people need to chill the heck out. There has been a higher demand for EVERYTHING firearm related in the past 3 weeks than ever encountered. Anything AR related is even harder to acquire. Websites are crashing, phone systems are jammed, and companies are not staffed to handle this tidal wave of demand.

If you want a gun NOW you can get one on gunbroker but youll pay 4x the old market value, or you can wait, be patient, and chill out if you want something more reasonably priced.

Everyone lives in an :instant world and their universe crashes around them when they cant get instant gratification.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I wish I got one when I first read about this, the first day I read this thread I built an upper on the site but decided to wait. For the last 4 days I have been waiting until midnight for the site to unlock the builder and everyday as soon as it opens up the website gets so jammed up everything freezes. I just sit there hitting refresh every 5 mins hoping it will let me build but it never does. So far the site is usually sold out again by 12:45 am.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I wish I got one when I first read about this, the first day I read this thread I built an upper on the site but decided to wait. For the last 4 days I have been waiting until midnight for the site to unlock the builder and everyday as soon as it opens up the website gets so jammed up everything freezes. I just sit there hitting refresh every 5 mins hoping it will let me build but it never does. So far the site is usually sold out again by 12:45 am.

glad it freezes on you too, i thought it was just me.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    to the OP, this is from Bravo Company......
    Due to the current political climate the ENTIRE industry is overloaded beyond measure.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to process and ship your order.

Please DO NOT contact us for status updates on your order.

Please DO NOT contact us for status updates on your order.

Once a order is submitted, please DO NOT contact us to change your order. We need to focus on getting current orders processed and shipped so everyone can get their products in a timely manner.

Thank you for your understanding.

sandbar

Nov 21, 2008
    Harford County
    evolvedmr-I placed my order on the 29th. The only things I have are an email with my order number and a credit card balance that is a lot higher than it used to be. I did have to call on Monday to confirm something on my order...I was not calling to find out when I would be getting the gun since at that point I hadn't even come across the military times article so I was assuming it would be a while, ie more than a month, based on the current environment...so I didn't even bother to ask. At the end of our conversation, the guy did mention without me prodding that the gun would probably ship in a couple weeks. No reason for me not to believe him at this point, so I am just sitting back and waiting. Its a reputable company and I paid with a CC so I am not worried about losing the money. Also, even if I got it delivered today, it wouldn't really matter since from what I understand there is such a backlog with the MSP.

evolvedmr

Jan 4, 2013
    Balt County
    Awesome info thanks. I have seen similar info on other forums. Some even stating a few days until shipping with the total time about two calendar weeks. I am definitely not panicking, just excited and interested to hear about others experience so I know what to expect. Hoping to hear from someone who purchased on x day and got a notice it was complete on y day.

evolvedmr

Jan 4, 2013
    Balt County
    As I wrote this just got an update from Daniel Defense! my order status is now 'Pending' Hmm what does that mean??

I wish it was like Dominos online pizza ordering... "processing, pending, milling, assembling, testing in the oven, shipping!"

ISBN

Oct 11, 2012
    Rockville
    evolvedmr-I placed my order on the 29th. The only things I have are an email with my order number and a credit card balance that is a lot higher than it used to be. I did have to call on Monday to confirm something on my order...I was not calling to find out when I would be getting the gun since at that point I hadn't even come across the military times article so I was assuming it would be a while, ie more than a month, based on the current environment...so I didn't even bother to ask. At the end of our conversation, the guy did mention without me prodding that the gun would probably ship in a couple weeks. No reason for me not to believe him at this point, so I am just sitting back and waiting. Its a reputable company and I paid with a CC so I am not worried about losing the money. Also, even if I got it delivered today, it wouldn't really matter since from what I understand there is such a backlog with the MSP.
    Do you know how they handle FFL for transfer? I did not put down an FFL during check out. Thanks.

evolvedmr

Jan 4, 2013
    Balt County
    Do you know how they handle FFL for transfer? I did not put down an FFL during check out. Thanks.

I'd imagine they would call you, but it would probably be good to contact them or send an email with your order number. If you look up dealers in the tab at the top of their websites homepage you can find an FFL that they deal with regularly that is close to you. I made sure to choose one of those, and it happened to be one I have dealt with before and was happy.

sandbar

Nov 21, 2008
    Harford County
    ISBN- That is actually what i called and confirmed. I put in my home address as the shipping since it hadn't asked for the FFL address at that point(and it was the wee hours of the morning so i was a little bleary eyed) but I did put in the FFL name when asked for it. When I called DD they told me to have the FFL email the support address with my name and his info (i gave the FFL my order # as well) and they could match everything up. They confirmed they had checks in place to make sure things got to the right place in a legal way. The FFL I used had to send in his FFL# anyway so it wasn't a big deal luckily as I did not want to create more work for anybody. I haven't received any notification for DD or the FFL with an issues since then.

sandbar

Nov 21, 2008
    Harford County
    Just in case anybody is tagging along here and was wondering on the build time, I received an email today that my gun was shipped to my local FFL today. So it took a bit over 2 1/2 weeks between order placement and shipment even with the New Years holiday tossed in there.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Just in case anybody is tagging along here and was wondering on the build time, I received an email today that my gun was shipped to my local FFL today. So it took a bit over 2 1/2 weeks between order placement and shipment even with the New Years holiday tossed in there.

Good deal. I hope I can still get one when I get to CO next month. Hope they're still taking limited orders then.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County

:party29::thumbsup:
    Not bad, considering they were probably busting tail trying to get stuff ready for SHOT show this week.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA

Nice. Looks like you'll have it prior any ban legislation being passed.:thumbsup:

sandbar

Nov 21, 2008
    Harford County
    That is what I am hoping(well let me clarify...i hope there is no ban but if their is I hope I get this in my paws before hand) Now I just have to sit back and wait another few weeks for the msp to do their thing.

js9390

Jan 18, 2013
    I have been following this thread since placing my order for a custom DDM4, and I really hope my order is shipped soon as well. Ordered 12/29, Pending since 1/4.

Anyone know about the average shipping time? Obviously it will depend on where you live.

canuckboy

Aug 27, 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom