• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I just finalized my order with Nighthawk Custom and found out the lead time was 28 months for delivery!!!!!

Since this is going to be my retirement gift to myself, I wish I had placed the order when I actually retired!!!!

:lol2:

Last edited:

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Wow. I was just up at Ottos Police Supply this weekend and he had three new ones up for sale. I had no idea the backorder was that bad.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    WOW, in 28 months from now you will have committed a felony for just having placed the order .....

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    INKD- Have you ever thought about Baer,Brown, or Wilson they might be some what quicker with no quality loss.

Funny enough, yes I did. I went with Nighthawk because I thought the lead time wouldn't be quite as bad.

My thinking was that Nighthawk were the relatively new guys in the 1911 field and wouldn't be as jammed as the others. So much for thinking.

I saw some Nighthawk customs on GunBroker but none in the model I wanted.

I'm going to take a day and think on it. I really want to go for it but, damn, that's a hell of a wait.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Funny enough, yes I did. I went with Nighthawk because I thought the lead time wouldn't be quite as bad.

My thinking was that Nighthawk were the relatively new guys in the 1911 field and wouldn't be as jammed as the others. So much for thinking.

I saw some Nighthawk customs on GunBroker but none in the model I wanted.

I'm going to take a day and think on it. I really want to go for it but, damn, that's a hell of a wait.

You can get what your looking fo if NH is too backed up.
    What Size?
    What Finish?
    Standard Contour/Carry Bevel?
    Checkered Grips/Smooth?
    Rail/No Rail?
    Threaded Barrel/Standard Barrel?
    Budget?
    Target Sights/No Snag/Tall Suppressor or Legde Sights

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=nighthawk

:innocent0

As of this post, there are 133 available on Gunbroker...

Yeah, and if you look at alot of the ads, they are saying that they are taking orders for these guns, 25% down ad first come, first served.

One for sale by a individual that is close to what I want, but not close enough.

I'm getting my dates of service, name and rate and anchors engraved in the one I am ordering as well.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Hell and i thought the wait for my spikes upper through spikes was long at 6-8 months. That is crazy hope it is worth the wait!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    You can get what your looking fo if NH is too backed up.
    What Size?
    What Finish?
    Standard Contour/Carry Bevel?
    Checkered Grips/Smooth?
    Rail/No Rail?
    Threaded Barrel/Standard Barrel?
    Budget?
    Target Sights/No Snag/Tall Suppressor or Legde Sights

I was looking at the T3 Thin in 9mm, 4.25in barrel.

Finish was going to be their Black nitride so the stainless shows up under after being engraved.

I believe it came with the carry bevel but that isn't terribly important to me.

Alien G-10 thin grips for the T-3 model

Ambi-safety

No rail

Standard barrel

Heinie black ledge rear with a green fiber optic front sights

I'd have to look at the actual order quote to see if there where other options?

Budget was up there what a 1911 of those manufacturers go for, 3k +

I want to have the engraving done, if it wasn't for that, hell, I'd find someone that had one available somewhere and just get it.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    specs?

my dream custom 1911 is a bobtailed commander with an ionbond black frame and slide and most all controls in hard chrome or stainless. heinie staight eight night sights, chainlink or stippled msh and front strap, serrated rear and top of slide, rear slide serrations only, beveled and flush slide release, ambi safety, etc.

if and when i get the money it will be from nighthawk or volkmann.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    ooops a little late!

I'm wanting the smaller 9mm cause I have a full size kimber and Colt commander both in 45 and a Springfield Armory full size in 9mm. I want to round out the group.

:)

I think I'm going to go for it, I have the money right now and I doubt the lead time is going to magically drop in 5-6 months.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was looking at the T3 Thin in 9mm, 4.25in barrel.

Finish was going to be their Black nitride so the stainless shows up under after being engraved.

I believe it came with the carry bevel but that isn't terribly important to me.

Alien G-10 thin grips for the T-3 model

Ambi-safety

No rail

Standard barrel

Heinie black ledge rear with a green fiber optic front sights

I'd have to look at the actual order quote to see if there where other options?

Budget was up there what a 1911 of those manufacturers go for, 3k +

I want to have the engraving done, if it wasn't for that, hell, I'd find someone that had one available somewhere and just get it.

Have you thought about a custom 9mm BHP instead? Its your call my friend but a 9mm 1911 is a strange animal. I think you have one already.

Your ideas on stainless are solid BUT if you plan on shooting the gun Carbon Steel will wear better.

Standard Length/Barrel/No Rail is a good classic plan. Very reliable too!

Ledge sights are fantastic but with the Classic Lines your going for a Golr Dot up front will work just as good, but be more classic and more durable.

Ambi Safeties can be problematic. The only ones worth a darn is Wilson Bulletproof Safeties.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Have you thought about a custom 9mm BHP instead? Its your call my friend but a 9mm 1911 is a strange animal. I think you have one already.

Your ideas on stainless are solid BUT if you plan on shooting the gun Carbon Steel will wear better.

Standard Length/Barrel/No Rail is a good classic plan. Very reliable too!

Ledge sights are fantastic but with the Classic Lines your going for a Golr Dot up front will work just as good, but be more classic and more durable.

Ambi Safeties can be problematic. The only ones worth a darn is Wilson Bulletproof Safeties.

I know, even Scott told me the 9mm 1911's are just flat out weird as hell when I dropped mine off up there.

Will the nitride finish make a difference on the wearing of stainless? I know stainless can gall and figured the nitride coating would help with t hat or they wouldn't use it?

I didn't think about the gold dot, that may be a change to the plan right there.

I was going to have the bulletproof safety sent to NH since I had read many good things about them, funny enough, since they were out of stock I decided to go with the in house NH model so as to not delay the build. So much for that.

I told the guy I would sit on it for a couple days and see. It'll give me time to figure it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom