• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I ordered some .40 and .45 from Cabelas. Just got the .40 but the .45 is back ordered!

I guess it doesn't really mater. It's not like I have anything to shoot either of them with anyway.

Frosh me! Just can't win these days......:mad54:

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    I ordered some .40 and .45 from Cabelas. Just got the .40 but the .45 is back ordered!

I guess it doesn't really mater. It's not like I have anything to shoot either of them with anyway.

Check Palmetto State Armory. :D http://palmettostatearmory.com/

DOOM SQURRELS :)

Squirrel-Soldier-Nuts--43495%5B1%5D.jpg

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The true hoarders got it cheap, and stacked deep, when the timing was right. Live and learn.

One thing I've learned is I always wish I'd bought more. Lead is a precious metal when enclosed in brass with a powder charge.

This is all panic buying.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So basically, you're hoarding too (when you get the opportunity), right? :lol2:

Froshen A I am! It's just the opportunities are slim.....

Why are you buying ammo for firearms you don't have? :confused:
    Are you waiting to pick them up?

I'm an optimist! The ammo is for firearms I own, but the Not-So-Free state of Maryland won't let have. I'm past my 7 day "cooling off" period and 6 days into my "boiling over" period on the .45. Still cooling off on the .40.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    During times like this, I'm glad I have lots of ammo and a wife bitching about it than a lot less ammo and the wife not bitching.......:D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Froshen A I am! It's just the opportunities are slim.....

I'm an optimist! The ammo is for firearms I own, but the Not-So-Free state of Maryland won't let have. I'm past my 7 day "cooling off" period and 6 days into my "boiling over" period on the .45. Still cooling off on the .40.

So tell me, what was it like in the bad old days... You'd just mosey on over to Walmart/Bass Pro and saunter over to the shelf and meander up to the counter???

Or maybe just cuz it was too cold/raining out and it was Monday, with no plans to go back to the range until Satuday, get online, one click over to your "go-to" site and 2 clicks you're done??

Geez this is like trying to find Elmo 2 weeks before Christmas. At least with that, you knew in a freaking month it would be everywhere again.

I can't believe all the combing I do online right now. These sites should just post what they have, instead of all this darn window shopping :). The worst part is when you scroll down and the thing you want is 1 past the "in stock" notice.

Yes, I am late to the party. Its ok. Geez just one time, I'd like to feel like a kid in a candy store like you old timers have.

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    .45 seems like the hardest to find at the moment. I have seen .40 several places, locally, SoMD. 9mm once, but no .45, probably because that is what I am looking for.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    During times like this, I'm glad I have lots of ammo and a wife bitching about it than a lot less ammo and the wife not bitching.......:D

My wife walks in and sees the two boxes, smiles and said, "Oh, I see you got some ammo." I said "Yes, but it's for your pistol." She said "good!" and left the room.

So tell me, what was it like in the bad old days... You'd just mosey on over to Walmart/Bass Pro and saunter over to the shelf and meander up to the counter???

Or maybe just cuz it was too cold/raining out and it was Monday, with no plans to go back to the range until Satuday, get online, one click over to your "go-to" site and 2 clicks you're done??

Geez this is like trying to find Elmo 2 weeks before Christmas. At least with that, you knew in a freaking month it would be everywhere again.

I can't believe all the combing I do online right now. These sites should just post what they have, instead of all this darn window shopping :). The worst part is when you scroll down and the thing you want is 1 past the "in stock" notice.

Yes, I am late to the party. Its ok. Geez just one time, I'd like to feel like a kid in a candy store like you old timers have.

When I was a kid, you could get ammo with a gas fillup if it was over 20 gallons.

I find I only go to sites that have an option to show "instock items only". It's a real time saver.

Oh yeah, and Arcamm, if I run across any 40 or 45, I am getting you some.

You're my newest best friend!

I've got enough ammo to last me quite awhile, but I still can't stop hunting. Snagged some CCI Select last night off GB for pretty much the pre-Madness gun store price, plus shipping. I keep looking, but I won't buy at ridiculous prices.

I have enough to last two years or two realy good days at the range for most of my firearms. But now I have to scrounge for two new calibers.

The greeters at Walmart call me by my first name........

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Let me get this straight so I can understand this. You started a thread title "Dang you hoarders", to then tell us that your buying ammonium for guns you do not even own?

Last edited:

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010

Let me get this straight so I can understand this. You started a thread title "Dang you hoarders", to then tell us that your buying ammonium that you do not even own guns that shoot the ammunition your buying?

He's bought them, he just hasn't been able to take possession of them yet. I'd say trying to get ammo for them now is prudent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom