• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco1911

Oct 29, 2011
    Forest Hill
    I am looking into picking up another 1911. Most of mine are Kimbers but was looking at the Dan Wesson.
    Questions:

Anyone have experience with a Dan Wesson? From what I have read on other sites the fit and finish are top notch.

should there be any concern that they are now under CZ USA or this this a positive? I have never owned a CZ but my brother owned a Huglu prior to them being under the CZ name.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I read a few reviews I think The Valor is the one to get. I have no experience with there 1911s. I did have one of the revolvers 30 years ago when they first came out it was a real POS and I dumped it quick. You should do some home work and make a informed decision .
    I don't even know how much they want for the Valor.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have a Dan Wesson Pointman Major from the pre-CZ takeover. Former president Bob Serva contacted me personally about an issue I had with it and they fixed it on their dime. My gun is not as nice as the current gen Valor, but mine didn't cost $1800 either. The Valor is not on the MD list, but the Heritage is.

Bosco1911

Oct 29, 2011
    Forest Hill
    Im looking at the compact Dan Wessons so the MD list may cause me more hurdles it seems than a Kimber or a Colt. Especially if I wait for the ECO to come out. :banghead:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Im looking at the compact Dan Wessons so the MD list may cause me more hurdles it seems than a Kimber or a Colt. Especially if I wait for the ECO to come out. :banghead:

Get in touch with your friendly local FFL and have him submit some DW handguns to the roster board.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Thanks for the info guys. I wish the ECO was available to look at.

Drive to an out of state gun show and look there. If you like it then talk to your FFL and start the approval process. It is free. (Other than having to supply the gun)

If the FFL knows that you are willing to buy, when approved, they may buy the example gun for the tests.

meder

Mar 17, 2012
    Laurel
    Just got one

I just picked up a Dan Wesson Pointman Guardian Duce, its from the pre CZ era. I had originally wanted a Heritage as its their only new gun on the MD roster but they were on back order for at least a month. The owner of the store I went to (The Gun Rack, in Laurel) remembered that he had this Pointman in his back safe and it had been there on consignment for a personal friend for years. Anyway, its a great gun, not full size like I originally wanted but is still a very fine piece. Id highly recommend it or the Heritage as they are the only two ive ever shot and both were very accurate and extremely well made.

Attachments

• IMG_0847[1].jpg
      IMG_0847[1].jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 172

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am picking up my NIB Heritage today at Engage. Range report upcoming.

Attachments

• Dan Wesson Heritage_3.jpg
      Dan Wesson Heritage_3.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 159

meder

Mar 17, 2012
    Laurel
    swinokur: I guess they let you do a transfer on one from gunbroker? I wanted to do that but the gun rack is a CZ dealer and wouldn't do a transfer on something they can get from the manufacturer. I still want to get a Heritage, just have to wait..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The FFL I bought it from on GB shipped it to Engage in Kensington MDS members get a discount. It's sitting here field stripped as I type being lubed for a trip to the range tomorrow.

Sure is pretty

meder

Mar 17, 2012
    Laurel
    Same, I put 250 rounds American Eagle and another 200 of WWB through my Pointman since last thursday, not a single hiccup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom