• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm glad they did not but thought SOP was to not disclose name/identity if a minor. His passing (and I hope it's soon) will give me no grief.
    They'll probably charge as an adult, being as they did ID him.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    funny only apts in Dumbasscus, right?
    *****I'm familiar with that apartment complex development and there are a lot of low income people there that were moved from other parts of the state to live there - they get some kind of subsidies including for their utility bills, etc.. There is street parking on Bethesda Church Road, and it is rare to not see a car with a broken out window that was ransacked with some of the contents of the interior just strewn about the street, or up on blocks, etc..

It's near a bike store and pizza place I like to go to, sometimes after being at the range nearby (IWLA-WAC). Some years back, that apartment complex was full of working class people with jobs in the trades, or police/firefighters, teachers, military service folks, etc... Now, it is a straight up ghetto with people just hanging outside all day long, with seemingly no discernible means of support, jobs, etc..
    Lots of very young and pregnant women often toting another kid along - no wedding band and rare to see a husband or male with their kids and spouse out and about, even on weekends, holidays, etc.. Remarkable how bad the place has gotten with litter everywhere in the development, broken liquor and beer bottles, fast food wrappers, etc.. Perhaps one of the cheaper places to rent in MoCo - so there's that! :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What about his picture makes him 'a real peice of work'. (Not asking rhetorically). I just don't see anything other than a black guy with dreads.
    The look on his face.

It's too bad we won't see the rest of his rap sheet. I'll bet he didn't just wake up that day and decide to kill someone, assuming he is the guilty party.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    This is what happens when the county forces you to build "affordable housing" in with every new development. It ends up being Section 8, and just brings the crime to places where it otherwise would not be.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I don't have the correct descriptor so I'll just say it's odd to me that the article made a point of this. "Isaiah Jamael Brown-Hawkins, 16, is accused of shooting and killing James Joel Austin, 22, on June 18, which was Father’s Day."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't have the correct descriptor so I'll just say it's odd to me that the article made a point of this. "Isaiah Jamael Brown-Hawkins, 16, is accused of shooting and killing James Joel Austin, 22, on June 18, which was Father’s Day."
    As I recall, both mother's day weekend and father's day weekend were notably deadly weekends this year. Thugs don't take days off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is what happens when the county forces you to build "affordable housing" in with every new development. It ends up being Section 8, and just brings the crime to places where it otherwise would not be.
    Well thank the lord the good people of Chevy Chase put a halt to that happening on Connecticut Ave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom