• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

This guy's math is wrong. The vote was 250 to 173.

31 Democrats crossed over to join Republicans.
    Now over to the Senate, where some Democrats will probably cross over as well, hopefully enough.

Dare you to "veto" it, Joe.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

How about that.... Maybe this Democrat Rep. was always going to vote to overturn it, but who knows. Perhaps getting assaulted this morning influenced her vote. She threw hot coffee on the guy:

JFC. I've seen better photos of UFO's:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Poor thing was having an episode then SHE assaulted HIM!
    Haha!

Her: Says "Good Morning."
    Him: *Gets on elevator. Starts doing push-ups.* (I mean who doesn't, right?)
    Him: *Punches her on the chin and grabs her by the neck.*
    Her: *Throws hot coffee. Escapes.*

Only other punch/random push-ups combination I've ever seen is this guy:

However, here the guy does his random push-ups after punching someone in the face, not before.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

"If it comes to a situation where someone just pulls out a gun, we’re not bulletproof. We don’t wear a bulletproof vest, so we have to step back and take notes, and notify the police and give them as much information as we can give them. We’re not going to jump out there like we’re superheroes because we’re not," Ayala said. "We are unarmed. We don’t carry. In fact, we search each member before we start our patrols."

They currently have 30 members and are recruiting to hopefully get up to 100 members by Spring.

I'm sorry, but wearing a bright red/white outfit while advertising that you're completely defenseless while looking for crime doesn't sound appealing at all.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's dead, Jim:

I’ll admit i hate the idea of interfering with home rule but a lot of democrats find this bill embarrassing. And before everyone politically grand stands about screw those lib residents, they deserve to govern themselves in a manner they see fit IMHO. I never knew the politically far reaching consequences of this on a grander scale. Liberals seeing Lori ousted, and even other liberals are moving to areas with less crime. Being seen as ridiculously soft on crime at this current moment isn’t good for the democrats politically.

On a more localized note i live in a great area but the DC soft on crime has been spreading to MoCo for some time. My neighbor (super lib but genuinely great dude) approached me the day and discussed how restorative justice on all levels (criminal and administrative) doesn’t work in 75% of circumstances.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’ll admit i hate the idea of interfering with home rule but a lot of democrats find this bill embarrassing. And before everyone politically grand stands about screw those lib residents, they deserve to govern themselves in a manner they see fit IMHO. I never knew the politically far reaching consequences of this on a grander scale. Liberals seeing Lori ousted, and even other liberals are moving to areas with less crime. Being seen as ridiculously soft on crime at this current moment isn’t good for the democrats politically.

On a more localized note i live in a great area but the DC soft on crime has been spreading to MoCo for some time. My neighbor (super lib but genuinely great dude) approached me the day and discussed how restorative justice on all levels (criminal and administrative) doesn’t work in 75% of circumstances.
    Crime should have consequences.

The penal system needs reform, as very few actually get rehabilitated. You can correct me if I’m wrong, but much crime is driven by lack of opportunity. I have long advocated sentencing redeemable criminals to a trade, or a degree. Leave prison with a marketable skill. If they satisfactorily complete this, their record will be expunged so they can get a job.

I’ve never seen a public official mention anything remotely similar. Too bad.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Crime should have consequences.

The penal system needs reform, as very few actually get rehabilitated. You can correct me if I’m wrong, but much crime is driven by lack of opportunity. I have long advocated sentencing redeemable criminals to a trade, or a degree. Leave prison with a marketable skill. If they satisfactorily complete this, their record will be expunged so they can get a job.

I’ve never seen a public official mention anything remotely similar. Too bad.
    Prison reform advocates fight mandayory work programs because they compare it to slavery

Slaves were innocent and in bonds forever. Your ass chose to commit crime and unless you really did evil youll be free one day. Pay your debt

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Prison reform advocates fight mandayory work programs because they compare it to slavery

Slaves were innocent and in bonds forever. Your ass chose to commit crime and unless you really did evil youll be free one day. Pay your debt
    Sad, really.

My plan wants to teach a man to fish. I want every American to do well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Art. 1 Sec 8 is there for a reason

It was in the Constitution when these losers moved to DC.

Don’t like it?

Move

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have long advocated sentencing redeemable criminals to a trade, or a degree.

But then what about the people who DON'T get arrested? They have to fight to learn a trade (while paying for housing, food and transportation) or pay their own way to school? But the criminals get all that for free...? Noble idea, but it screws the regular Joe.

Fyi, if you go to prison in New York, you can attend SUNY for free from your jail. If you aren't a criminal, you have to pay for tuition, pay for parking, pay for housing, pay for transportation, pay for food, pay for clothes, have to drive to the physical location (before online learning at least) and balance your time between school and a job to pay for everything.

Who says that crime doesn't pay?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    But then what about the people who DON'T get arrested? They have to fight to learn a trade (while paying for housing, food and transportation) or pay their own way to school? But the criminals get all that for free...? Noble idea, but it screws the regular Joe.

Fyi, if you go to prison in New York, you can attend SUNY for free from your jail. If you aren't a criminal, you have to pay for tuition, pay for parking, pay for housing, pay for transportation, pay for food, pay for clothes, have to drive to the physical location (before online learning at least) and balance your time between school and a job to pay for everything.

Who says that crime doesn't pay?
    In the long run, it is cheaper than continuing the cycle of crime-incarceration. The regular Joe is already footing the bill for that and getting nothing. IMO, the bigger picture is what we need to consider. What do career criminal cost society?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom