D.C.’s ‘red flag’ gun seizures are low. Officials hope to change that.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Wow, Maryland Public official just proved what has been said all along. Red Flag laws are intended to be abused by gov't against perceived enemies.
    This could be the case that gets all Red Flag laws voided, appropriately, as unconstitutional.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for the insight.
    Auto sears too. I bet they are recovering 3 a week.

I’ve asked a few of my buddies if they are test firing full auto or just Wish app junk but since the officer doesn’t actually go in person to test fire anymore they didn’t know.

Side note. About 13 years ago I heard full auto during new years. It was a 3 round burst and I thought to myself “holy hell, that’s crazy”. Now it’s kinda common to hear it on the gunshot detection system.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

I’ve asked a few of my buddies if they are test firing full auto or just Wish app junk but since the officer doesn’t actually go in person to test fire anymore they didn’t know.

Side note. About 13 years ago I heard full auto during new years. It was a 3 round burst and I thought to myself “holy hell, that’s crazy”. Now it’s kinda common to hear it on the gunshot detection system.
    Yikes.

Is the gunshot detection system helping significantly?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The auto sears for Glocks, or are they putting them in the ARs?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now try to understand that logic

It's pretty simple on the face of it .

Already illegally possessed guns can already be siezed as contraband , without needing to establish extreme risk , or paperwork thereof .

51 seems low as a raw number regarding overall population . But as a percentage if the small number of legal gun owner DC residents , it would be at least as high a rate as suburban jurisdictions .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yikes.

Is the gunshot detection system helping significantly?
    I actually don’t know. It was here when I got here a long time ago so I’ve never known it not here. Wouldn’t be able to take a guess. I’ve personally gotten recoveries based on its pin point

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Here's the most recent MPD Weekly Firearm Recoveries for 8/7/2023 to 8/14/2023 (Posted 8/18/2023)

64 Firearms... Impressive list.

This is for one week! Unreal...

I wonder what the total # is as the release notes "This is not a comprehensive list of all guns recovered in the District of Columbia.

Pretty sure there aren't going to be 64 or 34 or 14 new inmates anytime soon.

The sad thing is if you ever look up some of the names they include, it is amazing how many of them have previous weapons charges and/or other felonies.

Last edited:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    So, they haven't had enough "red flag gun seizures..."
    What are the stats for gun crimes committed where they found the assailant to be mentally deficient?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I wonder what the total # is as the release notes "This is not a comprehensive list of all guns recovered in the District of Columbia.

Pretty sure there aren't going to be 64 or 34 or 14 new inmates anytime soon.

The sad thing is if you ever look up some of the names they include, it is amazing how many of them have previous weapons charges and/or other felonies.
    That's a good point. It's still not bad enough for people to vote for something different.

If each crime victim/family in DC never voted Democrat again, it would eventually change for the better. But they won't do that.... So it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom