• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have one. It's a excellent shooter. It really is perfect for kids, but I do we'll with it too. 1950's dated, not a trainer but is a garden rifle.

I recommend it!

Ps. No adding a box mag to it

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A better question to ask is "Is there any rifle(gun) that Yellowsled DOESN'T have?". :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd like to have a Type 99 Arisaka with mum and a Tula m44. I need to stop buying two of everything, lol. My house is becoming Noah's Gun Ark.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Glad to see they finally listed them as C&R. I emailed them twice trying to get them to make them C&R as I knew they were over 50 yrs old awhile back (I had done some research and the manufacture years were all in the 1950s). Never got a response... either they finally woke up or maybe things are starting to slow down sales wise (is the panic of 2013 winding down?) and they are doing what they got to do to keep sales going.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    It still seems a little high for a rifle that has no military history. It they were in the $100 range I'd have one by now. Could be a neat rifle to start my son on when he gets old enough. I think my WZ-48 would be too long and heavy for a child.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Anyone buy one of these?

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000448&dir=

Looks sturdy, and in great condition - but I find the single-shot rifles to be tedious...Does anybody know if you can add a box magazine? Any other thoughts on these rifles?

Thanks

These "repeaters" are available from Liberty Tree. I purchased a Romanian M69 from them last year and was happy with the process.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2149&idcategory=74

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    I'm now leaning towards the Romanian M69s - if I can find one.

Anybody have one of those, perhaps for sale?

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So as far as the M69's go, they have this strange firing pin/extractor design that can sometimes cause problems. I had to pull my bolt part and pull the firing pin/extractor and really clean and deburr it to get it to function properly. Wasn't too hard, but it is common enough that I found the solution on the internet without too much searching. Its good now that I did a little shade tree gunsmithing... if you aren't into that, then you might want to avoid unless you have a guaranteed problem free shooter. Just my 2 cents.

As far as where to find one, I'm not sure. Royal Tiger Imports and Liberty Tree Collectors both had them for a long time, but I think they are both sold out now. Probably have to get one off or GB or something. Remember though, they aren't C&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom