• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Any reasonable sources?

I just got a U-Fix it CZ82, can with no mag :(

Plus I need some spares. Unfortunately the Keep it Shooting source is not in stock.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Any reasonable sources?

I just got a U-Fix it CZ82, can with no mag :(

Plus I need some spares. Unfortunately the Keep it Shooting source is not in stock.

That is going to be tough. Classic used to have them for $25, but they are sold out too. J&G has them I think but they are like $50. Sure am glad I got a spare when I picked up my CZ82 awhile back.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I seem to recall a post a couple years ago in which someone replaced the thin metal floorplates of his CZ82 magazines with CZ75 floorplates. Supposedly they fit just fine, and made mag changes much much much easier.

Does that sound real, or am I delusional??

I have tried a CZ82, but

1) the mags would NOT drop free.

2) I had to pick at the thin metal floorplate with my chewed-down fingernails in order to claw the empty magazines out. Mag changes were slow and clumsy.

Is that typical of CZ82s?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I have tried a CZ82, but

One thing to check with the CZ-82 (and most used pistols) when you have a mag dropping problem is to see if the screw holes in the grips have become worn to the point that the tip of the grip screw is actually contacting the mag. Try loosening the screws, even is that means the grips aren't on tight. That's just a method of troubleshooting the problem.

If that does turn out to be the problem, you can either replace the grips or try this trick: go to a hardware store and get tiny "O" rings that will just barely fit onto the threaded part of the screw, then work them up under the screw head. This will not only keep the screw from going in quite as far, but it also helps to keep the screw from vibrating loose. Both the CZ-82 and 83 are notorious for the original grips loosening up, and this will keep them on tight. The grips on these pistols feel really cheap and flimsy if they are loose, but if the are snugged down, they feel substantial.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    . . . when you have a mag dropping problem is to see if the screw holes in the grips have become worn to the point that the tip of the grip screw is actually contacting the mag. Try loosening the screws, even is that means the grips aren't on tight.

I could see this as the reason with a CZ-82. I know the grips on mine constantly come loose, with that one single screw. Even with some locktite on there, they seem to come loose every 100 rounds.

I can see a previous owner cranking down on that thing, repeatedly.

When those grips come loose that gun starts to bite.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I seem to recall a post a couple years ago in which someone replaced the thin metal floorplates of his CZ82 magazines with CZ75 floorplates. Supposedly they fit just fine, and made mag changes much much much easier.

Does that sound real, or am I delusional??

I have tried a CZ82, but

2) I had to pick at the thin metal floorplate with my chewed-down fingernails in order to claw the empty magazines out. Mag changes were slow and clumsy.

Is that typical of CZ82s?

Never had an issue with either of mine. I've also heard that loose grips can cause it.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I bought 2 10 rounders from CZ USA when I thought New Jersey was going to further limit magazine capacities from 15. I'd be willing to part with them for what I paid + shipping to you....I paid $39 each + $7.50 shipping. USPS flat rate to you $5.80. PM if you're interested.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I disassembled mine down to the frame once, it's like a damn clock in there, it took me three days to figure out how to put it back together.

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Let me answer a couple topics here.

The Mag release, there is a great video on youtube where some replaces the parts. Shows the disassembly and re-assebly. I got to look into it on my u-fix-it.

Seems like mid$40's is the best price. I'm guessing the $25-$29.99 mags are now a pipe dream.

Yellowsled, I have been dogging Century but for $125 and shipping, I'm pretty sure I have a working pistol. It did take me like 7 calls to settle everything over a period of about 2 months. I would be like "Where the heck is my pistol?" Call and try tio take care of some issue. I told them to give me a good one.

I'm missing the retainer #42 that holds the slide lock #41.
    http://www.cz82.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pic3.jpg

It did not come with a magazine.

I also need to check out the magazine release, that doesn't work. So for the price I guess it's not bad.

I'm seeing the prices climb to about $300.

I bought this one as a project to eventually refinish and buy nice grips.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have ordered 2 pistols from them on fix ums. one was complete with the exception of a chip in the mag baseplate. $5 fix, and the other required $25 in small goodies.

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    Dave B, thank you very much.

Yellow, I'm just a little fustrated that they will not ship C&R pistols to MD anymore.

Actually I think the reason is the pistol is now on the MD list. They are just being safe.

Man just a chip in the baseplate, you lucky B.... LOL. I wasn't quite so lucky but it will be a project gun.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Dave B, thank you very much.

Yellow, I'm just a little fustrated that they will not ship C&R pistols to MD anymore.

Actually I think the reason is the pistol is now on the MD list. They are just being safe.

Man just a chip in the baseplate, you lucky B.... LOL. I wasn't quite so lucky but it will be a project gun.

No problem C-Par, glad I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom