• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So for those of you with a cz (vz) 52 pistol who shoot it, I'm guessing your experience about super sticky mags is similar to mine. They are TIGHT! So I stumbled on a youtube video where a guy installed a new floor plate on his mags along with a slide release. I looked around and found that GunPartsWarehouse.com makes the replacement floor plate. I figured for $14 bucks delivered I'd give it a try. Wanted to pass along that it works like a charm. Easy to install, appears to be high quality, and definitely makes mag removal easier. There is something to grab onto to pull. Not sure if I'll get the slide release as I don't shoot my cz52 that much, but the mag floor plate was worth it. Pictures below.

Attachments

• 100_0634.jpg
      100_0634.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 307
    • 100_0635.jpg
      100_0635.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 301
    • 100_0636.jpg
      100_0636.jpg
      87.2 KB · Views: 318
    Jul 1, 2012
    That's pretty cool, thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:
    I haven't had the chance to fire mine yet but could tell just during clearing & functional tests that getting the mag out would be a pain.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I know this seems like my solution for everything...

But melonite

I had a lot of mag bodies and followers done in one of the semi recent batches of parts we had done, and it is AWESOME

slides in and out smoother than snot on a doorknob

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    That looks like a good idea! They should offer them in phosphate too though.

I thought the same thing since my CZ has the phosphate finish. I'm sure it looks good on the ones that were rearsenaled and have that sorta blued finish you see sometimes. Doesn't look too bad with the phosphate though.

I know this seems like my solution for everything...

But melonite

I had a lot of mag bodies and followers done in one of the semi recent batches of parts we had done, and it is AWESOME

slides in and out smoother than snot on a doorknob

LOL, you'd melonite the whole gun I bet too in a heart beat

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    A perfect way to destroy any collector value. Eventually, these ARE going to become quite valuable. I remember when they were essentially giving them away in the early 90's.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    I started using Teflon coated ones with my 52 and they worked great, I've since sold my pistol but still have a good number of the mags.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I also got one of those floorplates, since I have big hands and it makes the gun feel a lot better. I would get one for all my mags if they weren't 14 a piece!

Try removing a park'd mag that someone duracoated on top of, that's REAL fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom