• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    You can only put stocks on handguns that historically had stocks, like broomhandles or that one Lee Van Cleef used in A Few Dollars More.

Otherwise it is a SBR which requires a stamp. Then the problem in MD, unlike free America, is it also has to be >29"

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    You can only put stocks on handguns that historically had stocks, like broomhandles or that one Lee Van Cleef used in A Few Dollars More.

Otherwise it is a SBR which requires a stamp. Then the problem in MD, unlike free America, is it also has to be >29"

Thank you. I understand now. I'm slow sometimes.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Not being a gunsmith, nor a machinist, would it be that hard to get a 9mm barrel blank and machine it into a longer barrel?

To answer my own question, CZ Custom has an aftermarket, US made fluted barrel that is 1/2" longer to accommodate 1/2x28 threads.

The factory barrel is torqued and staked into something called the barrel fixation for which they charge $100 to swap out your barrel.

If they have the wherewithall to make an 8" barrel, a 12" barrel shouldn't be that hard.
    http://czcustom.com/CZCCZEvoFlutedBarrel9mmStainless.aspx

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    Sub'd since I didn't submit paperwork for my HK94 clone in time after SB281 and no way I can stretch that to 29"...

This might be a fun alternative, good info here!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    CZ's stocks for their 922 kit have not been shipped to CZ-USA, according to a post in the CZ forum.

More amusingly, there's a poster who carries in St. Louis. He says open carry is legal there and he puts it right on the car seat when he drives through the more dubious neighborhoods. :lol:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I thought that too about the Title2 stock, but if you break it down compared to other options, for us, it isn't too bad. $50 for a buffer tube adapter, $115 for a Hera SFU, $20 for a buffer tube, $50 for a MFT minimalist (this is the set up I'm going with), the cost is $235.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I'm going the Hera SFU route as well. Not crazy about the set-up by TitleII.

I just got my approved stamp this morning!! 21 days:party29:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    We are doing better than the poor bastards in Washington State who can't build their own SBR's

21 days?! You better brush the dirt off your knees. :lol2:

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Yes we are. I guess I'm going to United Gun shop today to get the engraving done.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I'm going the Hera SFU route as well. Not crazy about the set-up by TitleII.

I just got my approved stamp this morning!! 21 days:party29:

WTF??????? I hope I get that lucky, I just submitted my form 1 yesterday. Now just need to figure out an optic. Anyone know of any that will cowitness with the factory sights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom