• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand that there were some threaded barrels made for this pistol, but information and recommendations are eluding me. Feel free to advise.

Seems like a good idea to have a suppressed firearm for the home; for the sake of consistency, I'd prefer using one I already have and am familiar with, but that's not graven in stone.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Perhaps the one offered by CZ themselves in standard 1/2x28?

From the description:
    Yup. On the waiting list.

Any suggestions regarding the optimal suppressor? I'd probably be inclined toward shortest one with good noise attenuation, but I dunno what that might be.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Optimal means a lot of things. I like my Banish 45 from Silencer Central...others don't like it because reasons. It's like asking 1911 vs Glock or "what's your favorite gun" on these forums...you'll get a ton of different answers.

Like anything suppressors are tradeoffs. The quieter it is, the bigger and or longer it will be. That's just physics. The quietest are caliber specific and a lot of times sealed so they aren't user serviceable. The Banish series are modular and work with most calibers and are full auto rated, but that means bigger, more complicated, more expensive, and not quite as efficient as a dedicated caliber-specific can (though in my experience, it's still pretty darn quiet). If you want one can to do it all, the Banish 46 is a pretty solid choice...but you pay for it in size, complexity, etc.

If all you want is "hearing safe" and as small as possible and 9mm only is fine, maybe a Wardog K9? It all depends on what your "musts" are, what your priorities are, and what compromises you are willing to make.

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    I understand that there were some threaded barrels made for this pistol, but information and recommendations are eluding me. Feel free to advise.

Seems like a good idea to have a suppressed firearm for the home; for the sake of consistency, I'd prefer using one I already have and am familiar with, but that's not graven in stone.
    I picked up a CZ p-01 omega and SP-01 from PSA over the last week. They are the 2016 discontinued urban grey suppressor ready model. PSA has been dropping all of the UG suppressor ready models everyday for 2 weeks. I also saw a threaded barrel go on sale for $150(i think). I'm super excited to try them. Unfortunately, psa were buttheads and wouldn't swnd the magazines into MD even though the FFL would have pinned them. If your looking for a steal on a suppressor ready CZ I would keep my eye on PSA today (I'm sure they saved a few to drop on the 4th).

Pic is the P-01 omega. Sp-01 should be in tomorrow

Attachments

• 20230630_184934.jpg
      20230630_184934.jpg
      425.9 KB · Views: 43

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Any suggestions regarding the optimal suppressor? I'd probably be inclined toward shortest one with good noise attenuation, but I dunno what that might be.

It would seem Bob's interpretation of Optimal = Smallest , that doesn't suck at noise reduction , as priority .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom