CZ P-10c: a nerve-racking first outing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Go shorter.

nah, Im not necessarily needing to reload for this gun. Its meant to be a carry/home defense gun so im ok shooting factory range ammo and defensive loads through it. Ill keep my dope the same for my G34. If there are issues with the SP01 when I switch to that then I'll change the OAL.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Reloads aside, remember I still had 2 malfunctions with factory ammo in the first mag. Failure to feed, and a failure to eject. And this was after a quick cleaning between range visits. Not what I wanted to see from this gun as I had very high expectations. BUT, it is a joy to shoot, and I am hopeful for its future now that its run a couple hundred rnds with no issues.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm not clear on what causes Double Feeds? I've read it's a magazine problem, but I still don't understand.

I have a CZ75 and when started shooting it and reloading for it I ran into failure to go fully into battery or a very tight lockup as you had. It was always range brass that I collected along with my own. I read about Glock case bulge and got a Dillon 9mm case gauge and a Lee Bulge buster. Actually I though it was an inadequate crimp, but no amount of crimping would help the cases that got stuck in the Dillon gauge. If they failed the Dillon gauge, the would fail to fully chamber.

That doesn't explain why they chamber in your Glock, unless it has a bigger chamber.

Hickock45's review

One thing I noticed in Hickok's vid is the case gets stuck in the CZ barrel and not in the Glock when he dropped the rounds in. I wonder if it truly is tighter or just coincidence.

Have you had any failure's to lock open after last round? I had it happen 3 times in about 400 rounds. It's the only issues I've had so far.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    1. Guns shouldn't need a break in period. I prefer clean and lube as most guns are shipped with protection (rust/corrosion) in mind not usage. I strip, clean and lube everything and only load the first round on a hot range pointed downrange. Ask me why.
    2. Reloads for competition, billy bobs gunshow reloads packaged in ziploc baggies and written on with crayons, premium defensive ammo or whatever doesn't matter. So long as the rounds are SAAMI spec they should function.

That is all.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    One thing I noticed in Hickok's vid is the case gets stuck in the CZ barrel and not in the Glock when he dropped the rounds in. I wonder if it truly is tighter or just coincidence.

Have you had any failure's to lock open after last round? I had it happen 3 times in about 400 rounds. It's the only issues I've had so far.

I think the dimensions of the glock and P10s chambers are definitely different.
    No failures to lock back on last round yet. Could it be your grip? I.e. riding your thumb on top of the slide stop? This happens to me when shooting XDs(huge slide stop set very far back) or a Glock with an aftermark oversize slide stop.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    1. Guns shouldn't need a break in period. I prefer clean and lube as most guns are shipped with protection (rust/corrosion) in mind not usage. I strip, clean and lube everything and only load the first round on a hot range pointed downrange. Ask me why.
    2. Reloads for competition, billy bobs gunshow reloads packaged in ziploc baggies and written on with crayons, premium defensive ammo or whatever doesn't matter. So long as the rounds are SAAMI spec they should function.

That is all.

I will allow for some tight tolerance metal guns needing a break in period for parts to finish mating, but for a polymer duty gun like the P10 is supposed to be I agree with you. Should not need a break in period.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

That is all.

This.

I will allow for some tight tolerance metal guns needing a break in period for parts to finish mating, but for a polymer duty gun like the P10 is supposed to be I agree with you. Should not need a break in period.

Great review, most appreciated.

I agree, I have the same idealistic view and feel a quality firearm like CZ should perform well out of the box. But alas, my last discussion with CZ about my firing pin retaining pin breaking, due to me dry firing it too much without a snap-cap or other suitable protection has me rethinking things a bit. CZ says use a snap-cap if you are going to dryfire. Their manual also says clean before use, and several of the 'trouble shooting' steps are to simply clean the gun. They also say only use SAAMI spec ammo, and discuss factory ammo.

They even provide a few cleaning tools, paper manual, and I read some of their newer guns come with a DVD.

You've mentioned these likely issues, so nothing I can really offer by way of advice. Hope it shoots better when clean and shooting factory ammo. Best of luck.

http://cz-usa.com/hammer/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/CZ-P-10-Instruction-Manual-en.pdf

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Good news everyone. Took my P-10c to the range today to run up the round count on the gun and I am pleased to report that the gun ran 100% for 200rnds plus. I shot various target ammo plus 3 different defensive HP loads. With factory ammo the gun has been 100% (450rnds) malfunction free since the 2 in the first magazine.

The more I shoot the gun, the more I appreciate it. I will be swapping out my G19 in favor of the P-10c. The only modification I am likely to make is replacing the sights, but for now I am plenty happy with simply blacking out the 2 rear dots.

I highly recommend this gun.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    My Walther Pps did not like Freedom Munitions reloads. The spent shells would stick in the chamber to the point that I would have to use my cleaning rod to knock them out. I stopped buying Freedom reloads.

tholtby

Jul 24, 2017
    +1 with a tight chamber

I took my new P10 to the range today for the first time and had a very similar issue. Also with reloads. I was also shooting with a P320 X-Five and a P229 Legion. Neither of the Sigs had any issues with the same batch of ammo. I shot about 75 rounds through all three guns. All rounds came from the same batch on the same Dillon press.

I had 5 different rounds that would not allow the slide to go fully into battery. 3 of them were so tight that it took some serious pulling to get the slide back and it separated the bullet from the brass and left the bullet in the chamber and I had to tap it out. I have a fairly aggressive crimp on them so the bullets did not come out of the brass easily.

My P10 had been fully cleaned and lubed prior to shooting. When I get home tonight I'm going to measure the chamber.

When it shoots, it shoots well. But it does double duty as a bullet puller. I'll get it cleaned up and try again.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I took my new P10 to the range today for the first time and had a very similar issue. Also with reloads. I was also shooting with a P320 X-Five and a P229 Legion. Neither of the Sigs had any issues with the same batch of ammo. I shot about 75 rounds through all three guns. All rounds came from the same batch on the same Dillon press.

I had 5 different rounds that would not allow the slide to go fully into battery. 3 of them were so tight that it took some serious pulling to get the slide back and it separated the bullet from the brass and left the bullet in the chamber and I had to tap it out. I have a fairly aggressive crimp on them so the bullets did not come out of the brass easily.

My P10 had been fully cleaned and lubed prior to shooting. When I get home tonight I'm going to measure the chamber.

When it shoots, it shoots well. But it does double duty as a bullet puller. I'll get it cleaned up and try again.

As my friend Jason correctly pointed out in the thread it's all about the OAL of the reloads. Now that I've brought my OAL down from 1.149 to 1.129 the P10c runs 100% with my reloads and any factory round I put through It!
    CZs have weirdly short chambers especially compared to Glocks which is what I was previously loading for.

tholtby

Jul 24, 2017
    As my friend Jason correctly pointed out in the thread it's all about the OAL of the reloads. Now that I've brought my OAL down from 1.149 to 1.129 the P10c runs 100% with my reloads and any factory round I put through It!
    CZs have weirdly short chambers especially compared to Glocks which is what I was previously loading for.
    Looks like my issue is my bullet shape. I'm using some flat-nose pills, 124g. The shape of the flat-nose makes it much wider further up than the round-nose pills. The round-nose ammunition drops right in just like factory. The flat-nose ammo will drop into all of my 9mm (VP9, P320s, P229, MK25, etc) It only has an issue on the P10c. Looks like I'll be changing out my bullets next time I order.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Looks like my issue is my bullet shape. I'm using some flat-nose pills, 124g. The shape of the flat-nose makes it much wider further up than the round-nose pills. The round-nose ammunition drops right in just like factory. The flat-nose ammo will drop into all of my 9mm (VP9, P320s, P229, MK25, etc) It only has an issue on the P10c. Looks like I'll be changing out my bullets next time I order.

Interesting. Yeah I'm using round nose bayou bullets and conical blue bullets. Both running great now with the shorter OAL.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

You can always get the chamber reamed to work with your longer reloads. I need that done to my SP-01, P07, and my 9mm AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom