• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    How do you like the 97? It's on my shortlist

Only shot it once in prep for getting set up for IDPA. Shot fine. I've been shooting 9mm's for years, so it was different for me. My reloads I tested all shot decent, but some of those failed to ignite. Did a quick search...others have had the same issue, but factory ammo works fine. It's not a problem with my CZ85 Combat, so I'm baffled.

Called 2A where I got the CZ97 and was told that CZ doesn't approve of reloaded ammo and won't do anything about it, so it's my problem. I'm looking into that and I'm glad I'm not in a hurry. Gunsmith (Dr. Bob at Freestate) told to buy another firing pin so he could check both specs and have a spare when he modifies one of them. Firing pins for CZ97's are backordered. Damn.

Otherwise, it's just as sweet as any CZ shooter.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Only shot it once in prep for getting set up for IDPA. Shot fine. I've been shooting 9mm's for years, so it was different for me. My reloads I tested all shot decent, but some of those failed to ignite. Did a quick search...others have had the same issue, but factory ammo works fine. It's not a problem with my CZ85 Combat, so I'm baffled.

Called 2A where I got the CZ97 and was told that CZ doesn't approve of reloaded ammo and won't do anything about it, so it's my problem. I'm looking into that and I'm glad I'm not in a hurry. Gunsmith (Dr. Bob at Freestate) told to buy another firing pin so he could check both specs and have a spare when he modifies one of them. Firing pins for CZ97's are backordered. Damn.

Otherwise, it's just as sweet as any CZ shooter.

What primers are you using?

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    I'm also trying add more CZ in my life. Bought an SP-01 from 2A back in June. Many more to come.

image-1254834009.jpg

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    How do you like the 97? It's on my shortlist

g8tr, I apologize for hijacking your thread, but someone may care about this problem I have with my CZ97 that won't ignite my reloads.

Took it to Dr. Bob yesterday and he thinks the factory spring is rather light and got conformation on that from another employee at Freestate. He's going to shoot it and I'll let you know how it turns out.

g8tr, please continue with the regularly scheduled program ;)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Winchester. Dr Bob and I briefly talked about primers and some sit at different depths. We never reach a conclusion on another choice besides Winchester.

ETA: We also discussed springs, so I'm still deciding what to do.

I use Federals when loading for light-trigger-pull guns. All but one of my single-action revolvers have REALLY light triggers and they all go bang with the Federals.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I have a CZ 52 and it is the only pistol that snaps my wrist good. Shoots a 7.62x25 I think and is accurate, sturdy and powerful for a handgun. Also have the 85 Combat and a 97B and two rifles, a .223 and a .270 that I will be selling soon. The rifles are like new and I purchased them when Constitutional closed in May 2014.

Lew--Ranger63

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Sigs have much better triggers out of the box, but despite that, CZs shoot tighter groups for most people because of their superb ergonomics and design. They are crazy accurate. I would love to shoot a CZ that has had custom, trigger work done on it.

I have a CZ75D from CGW and it is smooth as butter, he has a back log but its worth the wait IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom