• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Got a sp01 9mm about a month ago. My first pistol. Shot with a 75b with some trigger work during my Hql class and was convinced I wanted a cz. After trying out a few others(ruger, s&w, xdm,) I went for it and couldn't be happier, but damn it's heavy! Now I see a cajun gun works p09 in dark earth in the future.

If you're used to the plastic guns, they can feel a little heavy. I guess for me, I've always been issued steel guns so they felt pretty natural. You may look into a P01 if you want something lighter. The aluminum frame puts it at not much heavier than many polymer pistols.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Got a sp01 9mm about a month ago. My first pistol. Shot with a 75b with some trigger work during my Hql class and was convinced I wanted a cz. After trying out a few others(ruger, s&w, xdm,) I went for it and couldn't be happier, but damn it's heavy! Now I see a cajun gun works p09 in dark earth in the future.

I like the weight. It helps in recoil and anything that helps recoil means quicker follow up shots.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The steel frame SP-01 shoots very smoothly. You can also get very lightweight aluminum framed compacts for carry - check out the CZ PCR.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The first time I held a CZ I was literally speechless because it just felt so right.

the only thing I didn't like, or thought would be an impediment, was having such a small amount of slide available to grip for slide racking.

This is a non issue in actual use.

The Czechs know their stuff. They are in actuality what the rest of the world thinks the USA is, gun nuts through and through.

And that is not a criticism, I mean to say they take their firearms seriously. I've literally never held a piece of Czechnology that was problematic or prone to malfunction. All their firearms are elegant in their simplicity and redundancy. Taka apart a CZ-82 pistol. The ejector is not only literally a quarter inch thick, but pivots right out with minimal effort if replacement is needed. Everything is made to be cared for easily and JUST WORK. I also like the fact that proportionally the rear of the barrel sits further back in CZ-75s than in other hammer fired pistols- what I mean is there is less 'wasted' space devoted to a long firing pin linkage and recoil length when the slide is open to eject or load a cartridge. Seriously, take a look and you'll be like "wow, that ejection port sits pretty far back on the pistol, this barrel is longer than it should be by all rights"

My point is, they have firearms on the brain and I love it.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    On Friday I ordered a new 75B Stainless Steel High Polish with the full treatment from Cajun Gun Works. Should see it sometime around Christmas. I plan to mount a Burris Fast Fire III on it. Can't wait.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did someone say CZ-75??

Attachments

• DSC_0259.jpg
      DSC_0259.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 276

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Anyone know where i can get these grips in black?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads