• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Anyone have one of these?

http://czcustom.com/CZ-97B-PolyCoat-45ACP.aspx

I never paid much attention to them before. I handled one at the Damascus Store booth at the Chantilly show over the weekend and loved the feel. Like a larger version of my CZ-75 SP01 Shadow Target. Talked to the custom shop about having one worked like my Shadow Target. Biggest difference is the firing pin block will remain. Otherwise, I was going to have the following options done:

Supply & Install LPA Fully Adjustable Rear Sight, Machined Into Slide
    $210.00

Supply & Install Fiber Optic Front Sight $65.00

Supply & Install Custom SA DA Hammer (Includes Trigger Work & Springs) $195

Supply & Install Coco Bolo Wood Grips $60

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I've got a USP 45 as well so I didn't mind the size. It just felt right when I picked it up at the show. :D The CZ bug has bit me again, I do love them. Got my buddy into them now, he picked up a two-tone CZ-85 at the show.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Called the custom shop and ordered today. :D Going to be a while though, September 14 before it is scheduled to be complete. :sad20: Going to hook me up with the fired shell casing so I don't have to get that done in state after it is shipped to the FFL.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Post photos when you get it in your hands. I have found the 97 is quite comfortable in my hand, but heavy. I still might end up with one.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I have the SPO1 Tactical and the the 97B. Both are very good guns. I am small but I am very comfortable shooting the 97 with one hand. Get them both:)

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Post photos when you get it in your hands. I have found the 97 is quite comfortable in my hand, but heavy. I still might end up with one.

You can get slim aluminum grips to help with the size, I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with that. It is heavy, slightly more than a 1911.

I have the SPO1 Tactical and the the 97B. Both are very good guns. I am small but I am very comfortable shooting the 97 with one hand. Get them both:)

Already got a SP01 Shadow Target, that is my favorite pistol I own.

Untitled.jpg

Next year I am going to get a CTS-LS in SA.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    You can get slim aluminum grips to help with the size, I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with that. It is heavy, slightly more than a 1911.

Already got a SP01 Shadow Target, that is my favorite pistol I own.

Untitled.jpg

Next year I am going to get a CTS-LS in SA.

JDove, nice Shadow.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Jealous. I love my 75B, I have never even SEEN a 97 in person. I wonder how it'll turn out... :D

Neither had I until the last Chantilly show. I picked it up and it was all over, the czickness struck. :D Has that same awesome feel the 75 does, just bigger. I have complete faith in the custom shop, I KNOW it will be awesome. Still need a 1911 in the future though, I just can't figure out which one.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Heard back from the Custom Shop today. The bad news, my 97 is in pieces at the moment. The good news, they are reassembling and test firing today. If all goes well it will be shipped tomorrow! :party29:

ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I own a blued/wood grip 97B and absolutely love it. Extremely accurate and balanced making 45s seem effortless. I have the bug to get a 75B now! A lot of folks say that it is too heavy or great only if you have large hands and so on...I don't have large hands, (not small either) and it feels great to me. Even my girlfriend who is new to shooting says its her second favorite gun to shoot (she likes her SP101) and she has considerably smaller hands than myself. Personally, I think the 97B is a little bit of a secret that is only known to the folks that discover how great CZs are. I like that way because I would be concerned about their costs going up if people found out how great they are. Congrats on getting one and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I have never seen one customized.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Shipped today, sucks I am out of town this weekend though. Transfer will have to wait until next week. Oh well, get to shoot some steel with my Shadow Target this weekend though to ease the suffering. :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    A guy I work with bought one about 4 months ago and then after shooting it he got rid of it. Could have been a lemon but this is what he had to say.

Accurate as hell at 25 yrds
    loved the feel/ergonomics
    recoil wasn't half as bad as expected
    and visually cool!!!

but.......the gun would jam every 3 rounds. It would also have trouble feeding the new round, with all amm HP and Jacket. Now this could have been the mag (factory mag) but he decided he wanted a AMD65 instead and traded it because he didn't feel like paying for a smith to work it through. The gun was slightly used when he picked it up so obviously there is no telling what a previous owner did but when he bought it the condition was great.

I handled it and loved the feel! I contempted buying one myself because I love the CZ in general but when I get a .45 it's clearly going to be a 1911.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    A guy I work with bought one about 4 months ago and then after shooting it he got rid of it. Could have been a lemon but this is what he had to say.

Accurate as hell at 25 yrds
    loved the feel/ergonomics
    recoil wasn't half as bad as expected
    and visually cool!!!

but.......the gun would jam every 3 rounds. It would also have trouble feeding the new round, with all amm HP and Jacket. Now this could have been the mag (factory mag) but he decided he wanted a AMD65 instead and traded it because he didn't feel like paying for a smith to work it through. The gun was slightly used when he picked it up so obviously there is no telling what a previous owner did but when he bought it the condition was great.

I handled it and loved the feel! I contempted buying one myself because I love the CZ in general but when I get a .45 it's clearly going to be a 1911.

Interesting, but like you said, who knows what was done to it before he owned it. Fairly confident this one will be good to go since it's out of their custom shop though. I feel bad about not having a 1911 yet, got a USP 45, G36 and now this 97b. Deciding what 1911 to get is part of my problem. I think I may have narrowed it to Colt or Dan Wesson.

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have a 97BD (decocker model with rubber grips) that is basically a .45 big brother of my SP-01 Tactical (decocker model with rubber grips).

I had the competition hammer installed by czcustom and the trigger is phenomenal now, ~8 lbs DA and ~3.75 SA (I had 3 decocker CZs done at the same time and they all came out like this). It had that amazing CZ accuracy before, and now it's even better. The only problem I've had is that I get the occasional light primer strike, but it's very rare unless I'm firing Tula, which I guess has hard military primers.

My buddy also has a 97BD and his had very strange issues related to the magazines. I can't remember exactly but I think it had to do with the mag spontaneously releasing randomly when firing. I made sure he was seating it firmly and wasn't hitting the mag release, it was not user error as best I could determine. He sent it back to CZ for fixing but it came back with the exact same problem. He recently told me he got some Mec-gar mags and the problem doesn't occur with those.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Pics, Pics!

:lol:

Was out of town so I couldn't do the transfer. Hitting 12" steel targets at 50yds with my Shadow Target this weekend was awesome though! Should have it next week.

I have a 97BD (decocker model with rubber grips) that is basically a .45 big brother of my SP-01 Tactical (decocker model with rubber grips).

I had the competition hammer installed by czcustom and the trigger is phenomenal now, ~8 lbs DA and ~3.75 SA (I had 3 decocker CZs done at the same time and they all came out like this). It had that amazing CZ accuracy before, and now it's even better. The only problem I've had is that I get the occasional light primer strike, but it's very rare unless I'm firing Tula, which I guess has hard military primers.

My buddy also has a 97BD and his had very strange issues related to the magazines. I can't remember exactly but I think it had to do with the mag spontaneously releasing randomly when firing. I made sure he was seating it firmly and wasn't hitting the mag release, it was not user error as best I could determine. He sent it back to CZ for fixing but it came back with the exact same problem. He recently told me he got some Mec-gar mags and the problem doesn't occur with those.

Did they include a heavier mainspring with the work? My Shadow Target came with a 13lb and 15lb to help with that. The Tula ammo must have hard primers, I like to shoot 115gr S&B in mine. No issues with that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom