• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OP here...
    They want to know finger grooves or not and quantities we want so they can give us special prices. The more sold, the better the discount. This will be the company' s first group buy. They can have them ready in the next few weeks.
    Please click on the link on the first post to see the grips.

Please reply to the thread AND send me a PM if you are interested.

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    [FONT=&quot]I would be interested but I'm a victim of sequestration down sizing so I don’t have free money to tie up on an order that might be take two or three months to deliver.

Those grips do make the CZ-82 look nice
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]that and the refinishing job![/FONT]

[/FONT]

+1

i am also interested, price pending

PM's were sent to everyone who showed interest.
    I'm going to send the manufacturer our best guess quantity on Sunday evening and work out details on pricing and shipping.
    Ideally, I would like to send them an envelope full of checks and/or have everyone send cc info on the same day with "MD Shooters" in the subject line.

PLEASE REPLY AND PM ME IF YOU PLAN ON MOVING FORWARD ON THIS.!!!
    I will only count the numbers I receive in PM's- I will not be including simple replies such as "+1", "I'm in", "interested", etc. in the tally I send.

Thanks,
    Kyle/Squaregrouper

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I'll bite. PM inbound. I have a set of wood grips that look identical to these for my 82. They really look good on the gun and are far more comfortable than the plastic grips. I have no idea who made the ones I have, I got them on eBay 3 or 4 years ago. The recoil on that firearm is so violent, however, the grips cracked and split vertically through the grip screw on the right panel with the first mag I ran through them. This has made me Leary of wood grips on this pistol. I've heard of problems with Marschall's cracking as well... Still, I looked at the reviews for these and what's out there looks good. I'd really like to run wood grips again, so I'm game to see where this goes.

You can get nice grips from cz usa for 55. That's where I got mine.

True, but they have been out of stock for months and when you inquire they will say they don't have an expected receipt date.
    I have been on a quest for wood grips for a while. All others are foreign made (Hungary and Asia) with ridiculous lead times. These and Marschal are the only ones I have seen with good reviews.

I'll bite. PM inbound. I have a set of wood grips that look identical to these for my 82. They really look good on the gun and are far more comfortable than the plastic grips. I have no idea who made the ones I have, I got them on eBay 3 or 4 years ago. The recoil on that firearm is so violent, however, the grips cracked and split vertically through the grip screw on the right panel with the first mag I ran through them. This has made me Leary of wood grips on this pistol. I've heard of problems with Marschall's cracking as well... Still, I looked at the reviews for these and what's out there looks good. I'd really like to run wood grips again, so I'm game to see where this goes.

Buy the Wolff 16# and/or 18# recoil springs. They make a world of difference and are ~$8 each. Everyone agrees on this one.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    True, but they have been out of stock for months and when you inquire they will say they don't have an expected receipt date.
    I have been on a quest for wood grips for a while. All others are foreign made (Hungary and Asia) with ridiculous lead times. These and Marschal are the only ones I have seen with good reviews.

Mine took about a month to get worth the wait though. I like them

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Buy the Wolff 16# and/or 18# recoil springs. They make a world of difference and are ~$8 each. Everyone agrees on this one.

Already did. I don't remember which spring was on the gun when the grips cracked, but it wasn't the factory. I don't know where those originals came from, as I said, I got them on ebay, but if I was going to take a guess, I think they were the factory wood grips that the cz-usa site sells.

Guys,
    Its looking like I'm going to cancel the group buy and buy mine individually. There wasn't enough interest to get a significant discount and the structure would have saved ~10% on each pair. Unfortunately, the small quantity requested would have placed a severe burden upon me for us to get a discount:
    I collect funds from everyone
    I send a money order to them
    They send the grips to me.
    I mail the grips to everyone.
    After running the numbers, I'm not willing to spend 4-5 hours of time to save a few bucks on a pair of grips.

I'll let everyone know when they are in stock.

Regards,
    Kyle/Squaregrouper

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Thanks for the effort, getting a group of people to something together is like herding a bunch of cats, it's a lot of work all you have to do is get them to all see the mouse at the same time.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom