• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Question for those in the know....

What are your likes/dislikes with the CZ 82?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Balance
    Grip size
    Accuracy
    Easy field strip
    Accuracy
    CZ quality
    Capacity
    Accuracy

Dislikes:

A dearth of accessories ex. spare mags, holsters, grips (you can find them, it's just that selection is limited or they are relatively expensive).

Doesn't float in boating accident.

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    The only big problem for Combloc 9mm Maks is a near-total lack of third party support. It's kind of a shame since the CZ 82 could make a fantastic summertime CCW pistol, even if it is heavy for its size. There is some HP ammo out there, but forget about holsters unless you happen to find something that fits.

Doesn't float in boating accident.

Ah, yes, we all know about your proclivity for losing guns during horrible boating accidents.

...shouldn't that be listed under "advantages?"

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Agree with all the above plus
    lack of ammo choices. Ball is about the only thing that's easy to find.

I have a bunch of hollow point... wasn't hard to find. They make a nice 95 grain hollow point for reloaders too.

Mark

Cheaper than dirt has all the following:

9mm Makarov Blazer TMJ 95 Grain 1050 fps
    9x18 Makarov Silver Bear 94 Grain Hollow Point
    9mm Makarov Glaser Blue Safety Slug 75 Grain
    9mm Makarov Glaser Silver Safety Slug 75 Grain
    9x18 Makarov Hornady Critical Defense 95 Grain

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    some of them have a crappy finish, some dont.

i have 2, one has the kinda glossier more fragile finish one has a more matt finish that is pretty decent.

still not as good as some modern finishes or a blued, parked or stainless gun, but these were built for military issue, not to look pretty and besides the finish they are really excellent pistols that are a steal for what they go for today.

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    IMO the CZ-82 is the best value in the C&R market. In a lot of cases the baked-on finish is not perfect but it is a C&R.

The only negative I can think of is that the Russian ammo that is what is most readily available is too underpowered for serious carry. Unless you load your own, the factory ammo that is sufficient for HD/SD is fairly expensive. The Russian Hollow points will not do the job because the loads are too light. Unless you are carrying in the Spring/Summer where your potential BG's are wearing t-shirts instead of leather jackets you will not get the penetration you need to stop an attack and the bullets will not expand on a center mass hit.

Of course even a .22 will do the job between the eyes.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks for all the input so far guys.

I've never personally fired one but in researching C&R pistols, the CZ-82 seemed to have some pretty admirable qualities especially for the price.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Like:
    For the price it is tough to beat
    Decent shooter
    Nice trigger
    For a C&R, it is simple and standard to operate for new shooters. The thumb magazine release is a nice touch over the C&R standard heel release. There is nothing truly odd ball about this pistol.

Dislike:
    For a C&R, it is soulless. Most C&R have a lot of history and character. The CZ-82, not so much. If I am packing for the range it is difficult to bring the 82 over a Tok, CZ-52, 1911, P64, P38…

Over all it is a good gun and great buy, just not one I am ever overly excited to shoot. :shrug:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Like:
    For the price it is tough to beat
    Decent shooter
    Nice trigger
    For a C&R, it is simple and standard to operate for new shooters. The thumb magazine release is a nice touch over the C&R standard heel release. There is nothing truly odd ball about this pistol.

Dislike:
    For a C&R, it is soulless. Most C&R have a lot of history and character. The CZ-82, not so much. If I am packing for the range it is difficult to bring the 82 over a Tok, CZ-52, 1911, P64, P38…

Over all it is a good gun and great buy, just not one I am ever overly excited to shoot. :shrug:

I'll take all your "soulless" weapons.

No need to thank me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom