• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I just realized that Weidner's has had P64s in stock for the past month. Shouldn't we be more excited about this? Or are they not as good as CZ82s?

The P64 is a great gun, and everyone should have one ... or two ... or so ... but the CZ82 should be first on the must-buy list, above the P64. It's just a better, more accurate, and more comfortable gun to fire. The P64 is accurate for its size, very nicely made, and easily concealed (about the same size as a PPK). It fires a snappy round, and it "snaps" a bit on the hand as a result. Most people find that more than a couple of mags at a time are all that are comfortable enough to shoot and still maintain decent comfort and accuracy.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What Machodoc said. I like my P-64, but you feel it when it fires. It's fine for it's purpose, but it's not one that you're going to shoot all day. The double action pull on mine is the hardest pull on any pistol I've ever fired. I know you can get new springs to improve this.

What I like about it is that it's so small, it will fit nicely in my pocket for when I do my late night patrols around the yard. It's perfect for that "stash it in drawer for emergency's" type pistol.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    DANG IT!

Went to Hap today. Wifey shot the CZ82 and liked it. OKed emergency purchase of a second one that she could have refinished in her favorite color (I'm pretty good at sales).

Now I come home and they are all gone! Frosh me!

You guys came in just as I was all packed up to leave. Too bad, if you had been five minutes earlier I could have shown you my 82.:D

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    I just realized that Weidner's has had P64s in stock for the past month. Shouldn't we be more excited about this? Or are they not as good as CZ82s?
    absolutely not as good of a gun.

...but this not actually a major reason not to get one, i suppose.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    picked mine up at big brown today to ensure they didnt "miss" me at home. Must say, its a nice looking gun. Wish I had ordered 2. Came with a holster and some cleaning stuff.

Rear

Mine arrived today, the finish on mine is in not anywhere as nice as yours, I paid for hand picked, but mine is defiantly a candidate for a refinish. I will post pics later.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As promised here is a couple of pics, I have decided to strip and blue this one and the first one that I got. I ordered the materials this AM and new grips, wish me luck as this is going to be a first for me.

DSCI0101.jpg

DSCI0103.jpg

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Stayed home from work and got mine. (I can't connect with MDS at home...Mods working on that problem). Grabbed a quick pic on the way out the door to work. Looks better than than I thought it would. Gave $10 for hand pick of a P64 and was disappointed. I think "hand pick" is BS, IMO.

Attachments

• CZ82.jpg
      CZ82.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 156

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Cleaned my CZ-82 up cir 89 now have to wait on wideners to ship my 9x18 rounds. Wished I have picked up one these babies a couples month earlier I would have ordered two when I had the money. They have a great feel to them, nice weight hurry up ammo.:innocent0

Attachments

• CZ-82 Cir 89.jpg
      CZ-82 Cir 89.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads