• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Slackdaddy, thanks and damn you at the same time. Now I feel like I need a compact to go with the full size variants. Love me some cz75s

python

Apr 15, 2010
    CGW recommends against the solid steel firing pin retaining pin, and seriously recommends the spring steel pin. I recently replaced a solid steel pin in my 75BD. The solid pin came out in two pieces.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    If it's for carry, I recommend czechin out a p01. Crazy thing is 10 years ago cz75s could be found new for sub 400 but po1s were over 500. Now you can find p01s for around 500. They have a great weight/feel to them as well as a full dust cover w/ rail(basically a compact sp01 with aluminum frame)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    CZ24, 27, 45, 50, 82, P01, Rami. None of the big ones.

If you like one, buy two, because they'll stop making them and the price will rise.

The CGW roll pins are an important replacement part; I replaced a couple that were getting chewed up, in guns I bought used. Apparently the OEM stuff CZ-USA sells isn't as good as the CGW replacement, or so they would have me believe. You'll need a 3mm roll pin punch to make it happen, unless you really enjoy suffering.

Also get a few Rami recoil spring assemblies while they're available. Supposedly should be swapped out every thousand rounds for defensive carry. For a while they were unobtainium; now they can be had for $15 for the whole assembly.

I followed some more advice I found here over time, replacing the rubberised grips with wood for my carry pistols, as the rubber OEM grips have an affinity for your clothing, slowing the draw, and they're also harder on your hide, if you're carrying IWB without an undershirt.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I was about to buy a Beretta PX4 in .45 as my bedside gun (I want a non-1911 .45ACP, and right now all my .45s are 1911s, honestly the "bedside gun" is just an excuse). However, I had just started thinking about buying a 2nd PCR before long so I could have one always ready for carry and one ready for the range (like I did with my SIG P365). Well, I may have to place a bid here for the 2nd PCR first and get the PX4 later.

I am a huge CZ fan. Other than maybe my 1911s, there is no gun design I am more accurate with. I've had a full sized 75B for over 20 years, I used to have a CZ 40B that I got when they were still available new (I've been searching for another off and on since a couple years after I sold it, I just don't want to pay what I have to pay for a range toy considering what I bought it for new and considering what I sold it for). I used to have a P01 that I sold a few years after finally getting my PCR since I like the PCR better (I'll never use the rail, without the rail it looks better, and they are basically the same gun). In addition to my full sized 75B, I also have a compact 75B Compact, and the 75D PCR.

If I get lucky and get the gun at a low ball price (around $500), add the $25 shipping, the $40 my FFL charges for transfers, and then $50-100 for 2 or 3 standard capacity mags, I'm getting close to normal price. Of course, I can save the money on the extra mags by using the mags I already have for carry and the 10 rounders that come with the gun as extra mags at the range. Meanwhile, the Beretta has a $75 rebate that soon expires. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was about to buy a Beretta PX4 in .45 as my bedside gun (I want a non-1911 .45ACP, and right now all my .45s are 1911s, honestly the "bedside gun" is just an excuse). However, I had just started thinking about buying a 2nd PCR before long so I could have one always ready for carry and one ready for the range (like I did with my SIG P365). Well, I may have to place a bid here for the 2nd PCR first and get the PX4 later.

I am a huge CZ fan. Other than maybe my 1911s, there is no gun design I am more accurate with. I've had a full sized 75B for over 20 years, I used to have a CZ 40B that I got when they were still available new (I've been searching for another off and on since a couple years after I sold it, I just don't want to pay what I have to pay for a range toy considering what I bought it for new and considering what I sold it for). I used to have a P01 that I sold a few years after finally getting my PCR since I like the PCR better (I'll never use the rail, without the rail it looks better, and they are basically the same gun). In addition to my full sized 75B, I also have a compact 75B Compact, and the 75D PCR.

If I get lucky and get the gun at a low ball price (around $500), add the $25 shipping, the $40 my FFL charges for transfers, and then $50-100 for 2 or 3 standard capacity mags, I'm getting close to normal price. Of course, I can save the money on the extra mags by using the mags I already have for carry and the 10 rounders that come with the gun as extra mags at the range. Meanwhile, the Beretta has a $75 rebate that soon expires. Hmm, decisions, decisions...
    You would have to buy standard mags no matter how/how much you bought the PCR for.
    I picked a new PCR up for $490 this week, $25 shipping, $35 transfer = $550
    Wife bought a used 75D Compact (with the light rail) for $560 last year.
    I am seeing them USED in MD LGS for 600-700

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom