• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Merry Christmas to me! Just picked up this pistol at UPS this week. It came from SOG in Lebanon, Ohio. First I bought one from a vendor in TN and it was pretty worn. The trigger would often slip in double action so I sent it back. It was described as fair, but if it doesn't function, that is poor! My keeper here is a later model, about 1968 as best I can determine. SOG described it as very good, but I would say it is better than that. The bluing is about 99% and it shows very little wear. This was my first SOG purchase and I will buy more from this. This is also my first post Oct. 1 buy and my personal FU to MOM!

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Cz 50s are notorious for feeding issues. Mine from Widener's looked great but would jam every 2d or 3d round or so, even with a new mag spring and recoil spring. Then the trigger bar broke. For certain there are good ones and bad ones, and they are cheap, but as a carry gun, besides issues of weight and caliber, is the reliability.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Cz 50s are notorious for feeding issues. Mine from Widener's looked great but would jam every 2d or 3d round or so, even with a new mag spring and recoil spring. Then the trigger bar broke. For certain there are good ones and bad ones, and they are cheap, but as a carry gun, besides issues of weight and caliber, is the reliability.

Good to know. Thanks. Maybe that Ruger LC9 or LCP would be a better bet.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Never had an issue with mine...I've been told that a lot of people have issues with non-european .32 ammo, but I've never had a problem.

If you want a sexy C&R carry piece, a P64 (9mmMAK) or a Beretta 1935 (.32ACP) are both classy and readily available.

Mine malfunctioned with both Euro and US ammo.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It really does look nice. I've been thinking about getting a CZ70, not C&R but basically the same thing as a CZ50 (and a little cheaper at least before FFL01 fee).

JAGGUY

Nov 4, 2009
    Peoples Republik
    Just opened the box.....Brand new and unfired with a new unused magazine....
    I kind of wonder however looking at the grips and the glare resistant milled top of the slide if this is a miss marked CZ70. The only designation is the CAI import mark stating CZ50.
    Anyway, I'm happy...

OK edit...after a little research I think this is a CZ50 that was re-worked into a later model CZ70 with some features of both. Serial # is for a 50..

Last edited:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I kind of wonder however looking at the grips and the glare resistant milled top of the slide if this is a miss marked CZ70. The only designation is the CAI import mark stating CZ50.
    Anyway, I'm happy...

OK edit...after a little research I think this is a CA50 that was re-worked into a later model CZ70 with some features of both. Serial # is for a 50..

Sure looks bootiful, Bro!!! Congrats!!!
    :D

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Anyway, I'm happy...

OK edit...after a little research I think this is a CZ50 that was re-worked into a later model CZ70 with some features of both. Serial # is for a 50..

The Pistol was Imported from Century Arms, It is stamped as a CZ50, but the Grips are definatly from a CZ70. The CZ70 is not C&R.
    I cant tell for sure from the photograps if this is a mis-marked 70.
    May have to order one for a close examination to see if this is a mis-match.

I've heard the complaints about the 50 only firing the Euro Ammo. But in most cases it can be traced back to weak springs.

I always advise changing the springs out with a set of Wolf Springs for a few bucks, make sure you put in a new Mag spring as this is usually the problem.

I have three 50's, one I did in pink for my wife. After a Spring change and a good cleaning as well as polishing the feed ramp all fire both Euro, U.S. and reloads without a hitch.

Keep in mind you are firing a fifty plus year old Semi-Auto and will always have an occasional jam. I consider one in a fifty an acceptable count.

Buying C&R is always a crap shoot, check the threads before buying, if the majority of your brothers say it's crap, it most likely is.

Nice Pistol, hope I can still get a hand pick.

Eddie O

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Never had an issue with mine...I've been told that a lot of people have issues with non-european .32 ammo, but I've never had a problem.

If you want a sexy C&R carry piece, a P64 (9mmMAK) or a Beretta 1935 (.32ACP) are both classy and readily available.

I've been the P64 route. With a trigger pull that requires a gorilla's grip, I'm not about to use it as a carry gun.
    Beretta 1935 maybe.. I'll check that out thanks.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Nice presents! I like CZs, and that one's a nice hole to fill in the collection, if you don't have one already. Eddie H's comment about the springs are dead on (and thorough cleaning). Remember that it's only .32 cal. Looks like SOG came through for you guys in a big way! I've never gotten anything from them that didn't live up to the description, and it usually exceeded my expectations.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I love tiny guns, and I love CZ firearms.

The CZ-50 feels great in the hand and is quite tiny. It almost feels as good in the hand as the CZ-82

If it wasn't for the fact that it was in such an anemic caliber and that the P-64 is slightly smaller and much much more powerful I would probably carry one as a backup CCW.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    The Pistol was Imported from Century Arms, It is stamped as a CZ50, but the Grips are definatly from a CZ70. The CZ70 is not C&R.
    I cant tell for sure from the photograps if this is a mis-marked 70.
    May have to order one for a close examination to see if this is a mis-match.

I've heard the complaints about the 50 only firing the Euro Ammo. But in most cases it can be traced back to weak springs.

I always advise changing the springs out with a set of Wolf Springs for a few bucks, make sure you put in a new Mag spring as this is usually the problem.

I have three 50's, one I did in pink for my wife. After a Spring change and a good cleaning as well as polishing the feed ramp all fire both Euro, U.S. and reloads without a hitch.

Keep in mind you are firing a fifty plus year old Semi-Auto and will always have an occasional jam. I consider one in a fifty an acceptable count.

Buying C&R is always a crap shoot, check the threads before buying, if the majority of your brothers say it's crap, it most likely is.

Nice Pistol, hope I can still get a hand pick.

Eddie O

I have Tokarevs, CZ-82s, Maks, P64s and a plethora of other 50 plus year old guns that have NEVER, I repeat NEVER had a malfunction.

Almost always as long as the mechanics of the firearm are laid out to spec, some minor tweaks will bring things into a working order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom