• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Mind if I ask where/how much? I'm thinking of getting a cz452, or cz455.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Bought a new one yesterday with a couple extra mags. Can't wait to scope it and see how good I can shoot.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZ-455-Varmint/

I think you'll like that rifle! I like mine a lot! That rifle within its limits literally redefined what I had previously thought rimfires to be capable of.

Like many/most rimfires, don't be the least bit surprised if your rifle exhibits a very definite preference for one brand of ammo over another. The difference is pronounced in my 455 in 17HMR. I was lucky when I purchased mine because it was prior to last year's latest ammo crunch. I was able to buy Federal, Winchester, Remington, CCI and Hornady 17 grain cartridges, and as much as I wanted. MY particular rifle shoots them all fairly well but it has a very decided preference for Hornady. Your results in your rifle may vary. Once you find what it likes to eat, load up on the same brand and lot number if you are able to. Have fun with that CZ!

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    BE careful getting a CZ. You just may end up with the CZitis disease. There rimfires are quite addicting and you just want to keep getting more of them. I just got a CZ-455 from another member here last weekend. I am waiting for the scope to show up so I can have fun with it.

Just came in from the garage after setting up another CZ for my daughter to shoot in her local 4H program. It is a CZ-452 Scout in a Klinsky stock with Brno peeps on it. I get some pictures of it when we go back out to sight it in.

Check out rimfirecentral for tons of reading info on the CZ lineup but I warned you first about getting addicted to them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, it may take a while for the barrel to settle down. I have seen reports of 500 - 800 rounds. Not that it won't shoot well before that point, only that it will shoot even better then.

Another thing to watch out for is moditis. I have a CZ455 VPT, same rifle as yours, but in the Manners T4 stock.

Added a DIP 25 MOA rail for a scope. A Midway BSA 4-14x Tactical scope (supposedly NOT made by BSA, which is a good thing). And a Harris bipod. And the DIP bottom metal. And then a Timney trigger to match my .308. Then there was this group buy deal over on Snipers Hide for a Lilja barrel. And still trying to find someone to install the Kampfeld Kampfire tactical bolt knob. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    As Roady says-they are addicting! Take his advice and go to Rimfirecentral.com and look at the stickys on top of the CZ?BRNO forum. Many of them need a GOOD cleaning before shooting. CZ has been known to put in a LOT of preservative. You've been warned.
    When you decide to get your next one Whittaker Guns in KY usually has a good selection and prices.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    CZ 455

I'm jealous, nice rifle.
    I have a 452 high on my list. I acquired an old BRNO #1 that is a sweet little gem. I don't shoot it enough.
    I have had CZ-itis for years with multiple CZ pistols.
    DocAitch

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm jealous, nice rifle.
    I have a 452 high on my list. I acquired an old BRNO #1 that is a sweet little gem. I don't shoot it enough.
    I have had CZ-itis for years with multiple CZ pistols.
    DocAitch

BRNOs, another even more expensive addiction. Have a Model 1 and model 4. Great guns. Once you turn the CZ/BRNO line there is no going back.:lol2:
    CZ pistols- 75D compact, Shadow Target, Kadet and CZ 40B.The 75 may be my favorite handgun and the Shadow the most accurate target pistol I have. Right with my PSP.

MachtSchnell

Jul 30, 2012
    Carroll County
    BE careful getting a CZ. You just may end up with the CZitis disease. There rimfires are quite addicting and you just want to keep getting more of them. I just got a CZ-455 from another member here last weekend. I am waiting for the scope to show up so I can have fun with it.

Great advice! Do be careful, they're fine guns at a fair price, and like others say "one leads to another."

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Congrats. There are a lot of modifications available for the CZ455.
    The last thing I did before placing 455 away for the winter was installing the DIP adjustable sear.
    It's now the best trigger I have felt on any gun I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom