• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Just bought a stainless CVA Wolf from Dicks. I love how light and easy to handle it is. Thinking about painting it camo. Will probably put a Burris compact 3-9 on it.

Anyone have one of these? Any bullet/load suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I have one, i like it as well. So far I have been shooting 245 grain power belts. Those have been shooting 3 inch groups at 100 yards for me using 80 grains of triple seven. Several people have said that saboted bullets have been more accurate for their rifles so i picked some up. I have not been to the range yet with the saboted bullets though. Black powder is ALOT of fun, i hope you enjoy your new gun!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Ive hunted with a Knight and a Remington 700ml. Both need a Snap-On tool box full of tools to clean after shooting. The tool less breach plug and the short barrel are what do it for me!

I'm used to shooting sabots with two 50gr 777 pellets pushing a 245gr jhp. Its been a while and am looking forward to getting back into black powder.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a stainless CVA wolf with the scope combo.
    2-3" groups @ 100 yards with either:
    2 White Hots Pellets & Traditions Smackdown 250g Sabots.
    100Grains BH209, Shotgun Primers, After Market BH209 Breech Plug & Traditions Smackdown 250g sabots.

POI for the White hots requires a clean cold barrel. After the first shot and a warm barrel, the POI moves about 2" lower. This was not So with the BH209.

Power belts (I tried about 3 different kinds) were 3-4" @ 100 yards from mine.

durkspunk2112

Aug 23, 2014
    Frederick County, Md.
    Same gun....except in blue and it came with a camo stock.

295 gr. Power Belts, 100 grain (pellets) 777. Shot a small buck with this combo this past new years. Dropped it where it stood at 75 yards.

For the money...I'm happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom