• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    My local walmart has all black powder stuff marked down. They are both 250$ but im ready to impulse buy and get out of my rem 700 ml. So which would you buy?

I like the fluted barrel of the cva and the stainless looks better quality. The thumbhole stock is nice too.

My local gunsmith says T/C customer service is top notch and that goes a long way for me. So which would be a better rifle between the two? I feel the impact is just a budget line of T/C but I dont have the money to throw at an encore right now.

Google has came up with a lot of fans of T/C but i feel its more of the encore crowd backing the brand up. I just dont want to have buyers remorse when they are the same price right now.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have both CVA TC and others. TC overall is better than CVA and will have a better resale value generally speaking. Buy what makes you happy if you can't buy both.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Can't speak to the TC since I've never shot one but I bought a CVA Optima V2 a few months ago. This is my first ML and I've been very happy with it. Light, accurate, affordable, easy to disassemble for cleaning.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    T/C all the way. By the way, how's the Rem shoot? Buddy of mine has had one for years and still can't get it to group well.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I got the impact.
    The rem didn't group well and recently would have failure to fire issues every 3-4 shots and then would need a full tear down and clean.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Daughter and I went and sighted in our Impacts today. Took a little bit to get on paper but once we got there everything seems great. We have to go back and dial them in a little better at 100 after getting some more ammo. So far we are pleased with the Impact.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I have a CVA Optima and really like it a lot but haven't grouped it yet at 100 yards...just 50yds. Regarding the video, I blast out the trigger group with aerosol cleaner and silicone lubricant and that's worked well thus far. I use Hornady sabots primarily and have experimented with different pellets and loose powders but to no appreciable difference. The powerbelts also seemed no better than the Hornadys to me. It would likely take 100yd+ shots to start seeing much of a difference but given the range at which I typically hunt in woods and farm field fringes, ~50yds, it hasn't yet been a priority.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I have an Optima V1 and about to send it back to CVA for the second time. Refuses to lock up now. Best accuracy I could get was about 3MOA. Trigger is OK, but had to get replaced last year. All of it was under warranty and was fixed without much trouble. But... I have no plans on buying another CVA.

I'd say get a T/C.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I have had my TC Impact for 3 seasons now (taken 3 deer) without any problem. I recommend, when hunting, shooting with a 1 round "dirty barrel" for best accuracy. Barrel should be cleaned ever 3 - 5 shots when shooting for fun or sighting in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom