• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So understanding this...the law is that you are legally allowed to transport a firearm that is unloaded and locked out of reach through DC, but the police will break the law and unlawfully arrest and charge you anyway. In PA, it is legal to carry with a license in filthadelphia. People carried and were arrested unlawfully. They brought lawsuits for unlawful arrest and police policy was changed to be brought in line with the law.

It sounds like mdshooters needs to arrange a very public range trip in Va, that travels home through DC. Wrongful arrests should be met with lawsuits back against the arresting police. It is not right or legal to be victimized for something that is not only not illegal, but an inalienable right.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Totally right but MPDC was just showing reality, not the way it should be. No city will stop this crap until it hits them in the pocket book several times like Philly was.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Totally right but MPDC was just showing reality, not the way it should be. No city will stop this crap until it hits them in the pocket book several times like Philly was.

Understood and agreed. I respect MPDC and thank him for the contribution to this thread.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Understood and agreed. I respect MPDC and thank him for the contribution to this thread.

With all this BS going on the last thing, I want to see is anyone get in any sort of stupid trouble (Misd). Can't send your delegates pissed off emails from Central Cell Block, although I bet you can play wii :lol2:

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Am I missing something? Everything mentioned here makes it sound as though MPD searches every vehicle they stop in DC for firearms. How about legally out of sight/out of mind.

I've read enough of Emily Miller's stories about people's firearm rights being violated to know MPD takes this seriously.

I'm not one to tempt fate but.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom