• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just wanted to give a thank you to the staff at 2A for putting together my custom AR10 recently.

I originally purchased the Black Rain Ordnance matched billet upper/lower receiver set from them last year.

I was able to piece together the lower myself, but wanted to build this one into a precision long range rifle.

After funds became available and finding out they were a JP Rifles affiliate, I ordered the parts through 2A to make sure they got something out of it (prefer to shop local as much as possible).

The parts list for the rifle ended up being:
    Black Rain Ordnance matched billet upper/lower set
    Standard DPMS lower parts kit
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul PRS 308 stock
    ALG ACT trigger set (tried out the Wilson Combat single stage trigger yesterday, will be getting one of these soon..)
    JP Rifles captured recoil spring/buffer system
    JP Rifles Supermatch 22" 308 1-10 twist barrel w/blended compensator and matched bolt
    JP Rifles LMOS Bolt carrier
    JP Rifles barrel heat sink kit
    JP Rifles .936 adjustable gas block
    JP Rifles 15" modular hand guard system

Seth put the rifle together for me and mentioned that it was an interesting build as the parts were really different the way they were engineered.

Topped it off with a Konus M30 8.5-32x scope in an American Defense Recon quick release mount.

Picked it up on Monday and took it out to the range yesterday and put 80 rounds through it to start breaking it in. Made sure I followed JP Rifles barrel break in instructions. Shot a mix of 10-XM80CL 149gr military ball rounds, 50 - 175 SMK custom handloads, and 20 of the new Hornady Superformance 178gr BTHP Match rounds.

Groups started getting tighter towards the end of the session and will get better with full break in.

Target pictured is 1 1/2" red center dot and center group is last three rounds (two went through same hole on the left).

Thanks again 2A for the great service on this build... you have a customer for the long haul with the service I have received over the last year and a half since finding your store.

Attachments

• 0701142334small.jpg
      0701142334small.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 648
    • 0701142335asmall.jpg
      0701142335asmall.jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 640
    • 0701142335bsmall.jpg
      0701142335bsmall.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 638
    • 0701142335small.jpg
      0701142335small.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 636
    • 0701142336small.jpg
      0701142336small.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 625
    • 0702141139asmall.jpg
      0702141139asmall.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 626

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks a lot Ed!!! We hope you enjoy that rifle.

Would you like to come by and organize my reloading room for me? Mine needs a little work.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks a lot Ed!!! We hope you enjoy that rifle.

Would you like to come by and organize my reloading room for me? Mine needs a little work.

Key is to save anything and I mean ANYTHING that can be used to put stuff in (The clear jars on the shelf are the big JIF peanut butter jars)...being able to see in them helps a lot...

Organization for me is an off-shoot of years of racing motorcycles and cars, the sheer amount of tools and parts needed to keep this stuff running is ridiculous... and if you are not organized you are in big trouble...

I am actually far from finished with organizing the reloading bench... but always willing to help out if you need some help...

Thanks again...

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    It does not open the dust cover due to the dished area on the side of the bolt carrier. I have to open it manually with the bolt open from below. I noticed that the JP Rifles uppers they sell that use the LMOS carrier do not have dust covers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom