• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manyhands

Apr 21, 2013
    Where can I read the current Md law re handguns? Searching COMAR has been frustrating and unproductive. I've seen the NRA website, but would really like to read the actual current Md law.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Manyhands - in MD, pretty much you are
    going to jail the night you shoot someone.
    Bring blankets.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    COMAR is for administrative regulations. Regulations are "laws" made by an administrative agency.

You need the Maryland Annotated Code. This contains statutes that have been passed by the general assembly and signed by the governor.

There are some regulations in COMAR regarding CCW permits, but it sounds like you are looking for the criminal code.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If you are looking for the regulation requirements for a purchase, look to Md Code, Public Safety Title 5 - firearms. Sub-title 1 deals with regulated firearms (i.e., currently handguns and assault weapons). Sub-title 3 deals with handgun permits.

If there is something specific you want to know, PM me and I'll see if I can find the actual code section for you.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Where can I read the current Md law re handguns? Searching COMAR has been frustrating and unproductive. I've seen the NRA website, but would really like to read the actual current Md law.

Here's the main portal to the Maryland Code: http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/mdcode/

As fabsroman said, the main firearms material is in the Public Safety Article, Title 5. But also check out the Criminal Law Article, Title 4, Weapons Crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom