• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Two and a half years ago I received a batch order with the oldest being 5 months and the newest being 3. So as much as people look to blame the start up of the efile it’s really irrelevant. Over a decade ago I waited over a year for my first stamp. I’m looking at this transition as a positive move. And with any transition they’ll be some hiccups.
    I agree the transition is beneficial. They're still lying fvcks regarding how they'd handle the e forms initially

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    just like last time, batch approvals are jumping the line regularly again, no problem if the oldest is around the date most are seeing, but have seen a ton lately where the oldest is within 6 months. Of course the E4s are already averaging around 3 months, meanwhile single paper 4s collect dust at a year or more. One guy waits on a F4 for 12 months, The ATF jumps the line with 3X batch approvals at 4 months, runs a single background check, and the wait instantly drops to 6 months, they pat themselves on the back, and wonder why we are whining about year long waits.
    Yet I have 4 in the pipeline that went pending in less than 3 weeks for all of them. Their logic for jumping the way the are is ludicrous.

Jan 2, 2022
    Picked my can up today. form 4 e-filed on 1-26. Approved on 4-18
    Last one took 11 months.
    Guys in the shop just got back a paper form 4 filed in 4-20-2021, A year to the day.
    Shouldn't have to wait at all but 90 days is a lot better than a year,

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Picked my can up today. form 4 e-filed on 1-26. Approved on 4-18
    Last one took 11 months.
    Guys in the shop just got back a paper form 4 filed in 4-20-2021, A year to the day.
    Shouldn't have to wait at all but 90 days is a lot better than a year,
    Making me think even though I was thinking once my 45 can breaks NFA I'd have my trifecta and I wouldn't need more cans (I already have a 30 cal and rimfire). But I am feeling like at some point I need to get a 4th, just to experience getting it in 2-3 months (I am trying to be optimistic about 2 months, if I say submitted in a year or so).

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    4/14, 4/27, 4/27, 5/3, all 2021. Still pending.

They approve in the order received, my ass...

I'm about to reach out to my congress critter over this, if I don't see at least one approval by the end of the week.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I would’ve thought you’d seen a batch approval a couple months ago. GL
    After they slow walked March for 5 months, they appear to have been slow walking April and jumping to May-Dec for approvals, so they can keep saying 8 months for approvals. But then there were the people saying that they had to test the eForms system, yet they weren't testing it, they were rolling out full approvals, and in the process slowing down the paper form 4's.

The 200 we pay for each stamp should get us some kind of speedy service on this, since NFA Branch needs us more than we need them.

Last edited:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Oh I’m one of the guys that definitely thinks they need to run / test efiles constantly. The systems that I deal with regularly are constantly getting updated. Hell look at our phones and computers. If they were to let all that data stew for a year then dive in it’d take us back to the stone ages. I’m past 90 on some efiles so they are Not doing them steady. I’m grateful mine got done but I would’ve gladly changed spots with customers and friends that are still waiting. Oldest paper I have right now is at a year. GL

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Oh I’m one of the guys that definitely thinks they need to run / test efiles constantly. The systems that I deal with regularly are constantly getting updated. Hell look at our phones and computers. If they were to let all that data stew for a year then dive in it’d take us back to the stone ages. I’m past 90 on some efiles so they are Not doing them steady. I’m grateful mine got done but I would’ve gladly changed spots with customers and friends that are still waiting. Oldest paper I have right now is at a year. GL
    Bear in mind I also waited 5.5 months for a eForm 1 SBR that I submitted in November 2020 and didn't see approval till April 2021, yet others were being approved in 30 days or less.

I'm really tired of the games that NFA Branch is playing.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Yeah your luck has not been good. I’ve never heard of a form one taking that long or even close. My first purchase over ten years ago was over a year wait so that set the standard for me. Hopefully sometime in early 23 they’ll be done with paper and by mid to late 23 every submittal will be below the much anticipated 90 days.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Somehow got lucky, just got 2 of my 3 back from the pipeline. The 2 were paper form 4’s, individual thru the SS kiosk. 1st one check cashed 10/21/21 (201 days), 2nd one check cashed 12/9/21 (only 132 days), both approved 4/20 (420 duuuude!). I wasn’t anticipating either of these before July. I still have an e-file form 1 from 1/21/22, right at 97 days on that one. I was expecting to get that one first. It’s not often you get pleasantly surprised by the ATF. Time to go buy more, I suppose. I know several of you have been waiting much longer than I was, hopefully you get your relief sooner than later.

Last edited:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    You would think batch will be even better when it’s 100% efile.
    But if in fact it’s 90 or less then it isn’t as big a deal.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Batch approval. Nov 2021.

Edit: based on this I am sticking to my forecast that all 2021 paper form 4s will be done by end of q3 (likely earlier).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom