• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 18, 2017
    MOCO-nistan
    Guy at local gunshop here in MoCo said the trust are taking longer than the individuals. He also said the individuals seem to be getting expedited so advised me NOT to go the trust route. His advise was to get the stamp and then put the guns in a trust.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Guy at local gunshop here in MoCo said the trust are taking longer than the individuals. He also said the individuals seem to be getting expedited so advised me NOT to go the trust route. His advise was to get the stamp and then put the guns in a trust.
    I was advised that doing things this way results in you paying an additional $200 to Uncle Sam to transfer to a trust, as well as possibly pay an FFL to do the transfer. I don't know if this is true, but it seemed easier to wait longer up front to put things where I ultimately want them to go, which is a trust. As opposed to possibly finding out that I have to pay a bunch of money for the privilege of transferring an item to a family trust.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

If you take ownership as an individual, you pay $200 for the stamp and go through the wait. Once you're approved as an individual and get the stamp, if you then put the gun into a trust, that is another transfer of ownership, so you pay another $200 and go through a second wait for the new stamp. I don't know what spending an additional $200 and going through a second wait gets you. I am not certain whether you, as an individual, would be able to possess the gun while waiting for the second stamp to be approved, since, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the transfer of ownership would have to go through a dealer, so it would sit in his safe for the second wait.

Oct 18, 2017
    MOCO-nistan
    The gun shop guy only presented that option because I was insisting on a trust even after purchasing the firearm as an individual. He said the same thing about paying the tax twice, gun going back in the safe, and it not being worth it but "to each his own." I only insisted on a trust because I had a tiny bit of info so naturally I knew what I was talking about. :o

His main point was that applying as an individual is now faster than the trust. They have to background everyone on it as well as read the trust closely since not all are created equal.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I got good news from Baltimore's Best... my replacement Form 4 finally came in (got word on Friday, but I was out in WV for a long weekend and had to work late today so couldn't get to the shop before it closed)... If all goes well, I'll pick up my can tomorrow and be shooting quietly this weekend!!!!

Not to thread jack, but for those who believed my earlier post (i.e. that I would pick up my can on Tuesday, and actually be able to wait until Saturday to try it)... um, yeah, no.... had to break that puppy in last night. Like 10 seconds after I got home.

I lost my suppressor virginity and all I can say is.....

giphy.gif

Thanks to Dan and Joel at Baltimore's Best... probably a safe bet that my first won't be my last. :thumbsup:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Not to thread jack, but for those who believed my earlier post (i.e. that I would pick up my can on Tuesday, and actually be able to wait until Saturday to try it)... um, yeah, no.... had to break that puppy in last night. Like 10 seconds after I got home.

giphy.gif

Thanks to Dan and Joel at Baltimore's Best... probably a safe bet that my first won't be my last. :thumbsup:

Sweet! Yeah its like chips, you cant just have one.

I got hooked a couple of years ago. Only slowed down due to wait times.

Dave

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster

giphy.gif

Yeah, I bought a 7.62 can for my 300 blk rifle and yep...just bought a can for my pistols.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Check cashed individual two form 4s
    Dead air sandman L and Dead Air Wolverine
    6/13/17
    Approved 10/27/17
    Will pick up whenever I can make it back to Texas :/
    Another month wait

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I got good news from Baltimore's Best... my replacement Form 4 finally came in (got word on Friday, but I was out in WV for a long weekend and had to work late today so couldn't get to the shop before it closed)... If all goes well, I'll pick up my can tomorrow and be shooting quietly this weekend!!!!

Im encouraged by this. Dan’s got an Omega in jail that was purchased around mid May so hopefully it will be released soon.

czechfiend

Oct 16, 2014
    Monkton
    Just called the NFA branch, good news!
    AAC Ti-Rant 9M bought through SiShop
    Form 4 Individual sent 4/18
    Cash checked 5/24
    Approved 10/24
    Received stamp...

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    WOW... it has been a good month for me. Last week got my can that was 13 months between purchase and pickup... today just got word from BBP that my individual Form 4 came back for my Thompson SMG that was purchased in May! That one was way faster than I was expecting. Less than 6 months! All my toys are out of jail!!

Now to deplete my stockpile of .45 ACP!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Just called the NFA branch, good news!
    AAC Ti-Rant 9M bought through SiShop
    Form 4 sent 4/18
    Cash checked 5/24
    Approved 10/24
    Received stamp...

Trust?

WOW... it has been a good month for me. Last week got my can that was 13 months between purchase and pickup... today just got word from BBP that my individual Form 4 came back for my Thompson SMG that was purchased in May! That one was way faster than I was expecting. Less than 6 months! All my toys are out of jail!!

Now to deplete my stockpile of .45 ACP!

Same question plus, one more. Can I help you deplete that stockplie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom