Submitted 11/12/15 - Pending Research
    Updated 11/27/15 - Submitted/In Progress

Update:

2/27/16 - Disapproved "Metadata Issue"
    3/04/16 - Resubmitted
    3/04/16 - Disapproved "Metadata Issue"
    3/04/16 - Resubmitted
    3/08/16 - Approved

When I asked what "Metadata Issue" meant, I was told: "A system glitch that can occur sometimes. No fault to the applicant. But we still have to disapprove and refund your money. Once you submit a new form, send me the new control number."

has this ever happened to anyone else?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I had one kicked back last year with some error like that. Had to resubmit exact same thing and it went through the second time.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    My form 3 was in Aug. It hit in beginning of Dec. after that, I have 4-6 months to wait on my F-4 stamp. All this was through the Silencer Shop.

I sent an email to the out of state FFL, and they do have the suppressor in hand and serial number. Just waiting on the form 3. They said most likely in the next 2-3 weeks it should be coming through. That puts me roughly at the 1 month mark for the Form 3 (if they are correct).

Im going to see if I can get lucky with Ted Cutler again, Last time when he saw I had 2 forms in the pipe he approved both at the same time even though i submitted the latter one around a 1 or 2 later.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I sent an email to the out of state FFL, and they do have the suppressor in hand and serial number. Just waiting on the form 3. They said most likely in the next 2-3 weeks it should be coming through. That puts me roughly at the 1 month mark for the Form 3 (if they are correct).

Im going to see if I can get lucky with Ted Cutler again, Last time when he saw I had 2 forms in the pipe he approved both at the same time even though i submitted the latter one around a 1 or 2 later.

He just did that for me. He approved two form 1s from Dec and also did one from Feb at the same time.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    He just did that for me. He approved two form 1s from Dec and also did one from Feb at the same time.

Nice, I wonder if he just does that with Form 1s. Ill see if i can get another Form 3/4 started and then start a form 1 once both form 4s are in the system. If he sees the form 1 in a few months, perhaps he will again approve the form 4s as well!

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Form 4 Trust Octane 45

11/7/15 submitted
    11/17/16 credit card charged
    3/10/16 stamp received & picked up

Thanks Engage..

Can't say enough good things about them:party29:

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Form 4 Trust (Suppressor from Silencer Shop)

Sent: 11/2/15
    Check Cashed: 11/9/15
    Stamp Received by Dealer: 3/11/16

Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Man, this wait will suck. I sent mine in last week, they cashed the check on 3/15. It's good it is now looking like 4 months instead of 6.

His was from October

I bet its over 6mos if you buy now.

I have been waiting 2mos on a form 3. I know people who are at 2 1/2 mos now.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    His was from October

I bet its over 6mos if you buy now.

I have been waiting 2mos on a form 3. I know people who are at 2 1/2 mos now.

Yeah, I was reading the date wrong. Just looking at various reported wait times, it seems to be fairly consistent at 6 months. I like how they're quick for collecting the money for it. Which also makes sense, in case credit cards have to be cancelled or checks bounce. It also gives some validation that the ATF has received the paperwork.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    How long are you guys seeing between email notice of approval and actual stamp showing up? E-Form 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom