• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    This is getting absurd. I have left three messages for the guy referenced above and two for his supervisor and they refuse to call back!!! Does anyone have a friend on the inside who can at least get people to pay attention to me? I understand screwups sometimes happen, but not being able to talk to someone and fix it after trying for the better part of a three weeks is beyond upsetting.

EDIT - Just got a call... I guess they are working on it now.

I have his email address. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

-Jim

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I have his email address. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

-Jim

Thanks for the offer. I think things are in good shape now... At least I am in the ATF's system. The long wait is still ahead. Having one of my other toys just approved should help the time pass. :)

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    BATFE telling me still 90 days from Pending Approval to Approval yet I look on NFA Tracker and see folks that went pending after mine are getting their stamps now....weird.

Dave

From my experience the wait times they give you on the phone are off by a few months. I'm sure they are just trying to cover their bases and keep people from calling too often.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Ok, so I just received my "problem" form 1 back, and aside from misspelling my trust, I received this reason:

"Firearm description varies with our records, see highlighted section(s)."

I think it's talking about 4h, but it's blank and not highlighted.

Any ideas?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Ok, so I just received my "problem" form 1 back, and aside from misspelling my trust, I received this reason:

"Firearm description varies with our records, see highlighted section(s)."

I think it's talking about 4h, but it's blank and not highlighted.

Any ideas?

Call them.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Definitely call them. I had a form 1 sent back once... When I called, they transferred me to the guy who bounced it. He explained exactly what I did wrong and how to fix it. Got everything settled in less time than it would take to start this thread.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    I'm waiting on an SBR and a can. Went pending 7/13 and 7/25 respectively, with a projected completion date of 5/14 and 4/14 respectively according to ATF last week. Checks were cashed the first week of June.....that's between 10 and 11 months for those of you playing at home.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm waiting on an SBR and a can. Went pending 7/13 and 7/25 respectively, with a projected completion date of 5/14 and 4/14 respectively according to ATF last week. Checks were cashed the first week of June.....that's between 10 and 11 months for those of you playing at home.

Why does it get worse every time someone posts? I bought my gun in the first week of January, took the forms to the MSP same week, got them back end of March and mailed to the ATF, finally going pending at the end of May. Am I looking at next January at this rate? A whole freaking year?????

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    About to turn my Form 4s in to the ATF. Will there be a problem if I'm out of the country on orders for the next 3 years? I plan on making a trip back to pick up my toys when the paperwork comes back.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why does it get worse every time someone posts? I bought my gun in the first week of January, took the forms to the MSP same week, got them back end of March and mailed to the ATF, finally going pending at the end of May. Am I looking at next January at this rate? A whole freaking year?????

No, more like Late Oct or Early Nov.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Holy guacamole. I just called and the pending date on my Sparrow was 3/11/13. The lady on the phone said they're running at 9 months, putting approval into December sometime. :rolleyes:
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

So I called back in June and was told it went pending 3/11/13. I called today and was told it had a pending date of 8/2/13, and that approvals are running 90 days from that. I asked why there are two pending dates and was told something like the first one is just pending for investigation and the second one is pending for approval. What gives?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

So I called back in June and was told it went pending 3/11/13. I called today and was told it had a pending date of 8/2/13, and that approvals are running 90 days from that. I asked why there are two pending dates and was told something like the first one is just pending for investigation and the second one is pending for approval. What gives?

"Pending" is when it gets put in the system and sent to a research assistant. "Pending approval" is when the research assistant approves it and sends it to the examiner for final sign off. At least that's how they explained it to me.

FWIW, one of my form 4s went pending exactly one month before yours (2/11), pending approval on 7/2, and it was approved on 8/26 (but not received yet). So I'd guess that you are pretty close to the end of your wait.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Apparently there's always been two pending dates, it's just that they were normally so close together that the distinction was irrelevant. Now that wait times are upwards of a year, it's now relevant.

IIRC, "Second Pending" means it's been given to the examiner to make sure everything is correct before he/she signs it. You should be GTG.

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    Paperwork went pending February 7th, got the call today that the paperwork was in the shop. Gemtech multimount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom